Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Are you an active photographer?

View Poll Results: How often do you take photographs?
At least weekly 46 63.01%
Monthly at best 13 17.81%
Hardly ever, if at all 5 6.85%
I make my living taking photographs every day 9 12.33%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2006, 05:13 AM
Re: Are you an active photographer?

Hi Doug,
I take photos as often as least once a day...I am lucky to live in a place with beautiful scenery and as the seasons change there is always something to shoot! Love to get up in time for sunrise (managed that today!!)
I am totally amazed at the different colors in the sky and have managed to get some lovely photos...
All the photos of mine you have seen in the forum were taken with a Canon Powershot A300 3.2 mega pixels...BUT...from Friday last, I am the proud and extremely happy owner of a Canon Rebel...EOS 350D 8 mega i am on a new learning curve....already take almost 200 shots as practice for the different settings...I am very happy with the I will be practicing Macro!!!
I never go anywhere without one of my cameras....theres always a photo waiting to be taken!!!!
Interesting thread Doug...I have enjoyed reading everyones comments...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2006, 09:17 AM

I am a hobbyist and hope to hone my skills. I have a wonderful Canon Rebel XT - 8mp. I recently had to shoot photos at my son's wedding in Colorado, because my husband, who grew up in a photography studio could not attend. A storm came up, light was bad and I was sweating bullets. The worst part were the guests, who swarmed down to the official photo site and got very much in the way, taking their own pictures. Visions of the mother of the groom decking an enthusiastic guest!
Anyhow I would have been fired as mother and photographer if it had not been for Photoshop. Many, many tweaks, and viola - a professional set of wedding photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2006, 10:56 AM

Hard for me to really pick weekly or daily. I am somewhere in between right now. I just started my business in photography and retouching, and everythign in between, a few months ago. I have always loved photography - always. In high school I decided art was my life passion, and photography I swore woudl be a part of it some day. Took 10 years to come back, but here I am, and loving it! I take pictures for portrait shoots, have done a couple weddings, seniors, Love photographing infants and children - but my true love is my own work that I do just for the heck of it. Landscapes, macros - whatever catches my eye. I sell prints in a store here locally, and hope to turn that into something big some day.

1stlite Photography and Design
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2006, 03:02 AM

First, that's a really cool shot, Pepperspray! Great colors...

I used to be really into photography, even making some cash from it a couple of years back. I had been given a pretty expensive film camera from a friend about 6 or 7 years ago, and just fell in love with photography (mostly of people, some scenery).

But I loaned the camera to a friend's girlfriend one day, and she left it in her apartment when a bunch of us went out for drinks that night. When we got back to her place, we found that it had been robbed. They even took the steaks out of the freezer! I felt so bad for her, I didn't even realize the camera was one of the things stolen until a couple of days later...

Three of the last photos I took on film are here, here, and here, from a trip I took to Aruba just a week earlier. I just ended up finding other hobbies afterwards, until I later on realized how cheap digital photography could be. And I slowly got back into it. But most of my pictures now are just snapshots, without a whole lot of artistic merit.

It's still fun, though! If you want, you can check out my whole photo page with some of my eariler photos on the last two pages. Just hit the link in my sig....
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-13-2006, 08:25 PM

New member here....I have a small studio and I specialize in Ol' Time Photos, but I also have a full time "normal job". So, yeah, I take a Lot of pics. I happened on to this site and thought "my goodness, some of the folks on here are really talented".
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2006, 12:29 PM

I try to get out every week, it doesn't always happen, but I try!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography