RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Operation: Love ReUnited -- something to give you warm fuzzies!

Old 10-12-2006, 03:34 PM

Operation: Love ReUnited -- something to give you warm fuzzies!

Hi All!

I started a foundation called Operation: Love ReUnited. OpLove supports U.S. Military Enlisted Families with patriotic images of their enlistment, importantly before a deployment, and more importantly at their reunion when the deployment has terminated and the soldier is safely home- most people are so overwhelmed by emotions they forget to simply point and shoot their child's first hug after MONTHS of being apart from their daddy or mommy.
OpLove helps families find supporting photographers in their area to take patriotic images of their family before a deployment and then again at their homecoming usually in an airport. The photographers waive all sitting fees, and send a 4x6 printed album of the pre-deployment images to the deployed soldier at no cost to the family once he or she are stationed. The photographer can then offer the family any amount of courtesy products or prints, percentages off- they see fit. The website is only to help families locate a photographer. The families are not obligated to purchase anything.

I'm writing to recruite any interested photographers. If you would like to know more information about OpLove, please feel free to visit our website (please be patient with the site- hopefully we'll be getting a new one shortly from a donation I'm working on (yay!!), http://www.oplove.org, information page for families at
http://www.oplove.org/index_files/Page430.htm
and our photographer's information page at:
http://www.oplove.org/index_files/Page487.htm
You may also ask me any questions that you may have.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Tonee
Wife of a SSgt @ Buckley AFB, Aurora, Colorado.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2007, 11:20 AM

Re: Operation: Love ReUnited -- something to give you warm fuzzies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonee View Post
... ...OpLove helps families find supporting photographers in their area to take patriotic images of their family before a deployment and then again at their homecoming usually in an airport. The photographers waive all sitting fees, and send a 4x6 printed album of the pre-deployment images to the deployed soldier at no cost to the family once he or she are stationed. The photographer can then offer the family any amount of courtesy products or prints, percentages off- they see fit. The website is only to help families locate a photographer. The families are not obligated to purchase anything.

I'm writing to recruite any interested photographers. If you would like to know more information about OpLove, please feel free to visit our website http://www.oplove.org

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Tonee
Wife of a SSgt @ Buckley AFB, Aurora, Colorado.
I visited the site and another similar type of organization's site. It sounds like a wonderful idea. Both the soldier far from home and the family missing him/her would have more images of their loved ones to hold tight. We've frequently read posts in the Retouching forums from someone trying to save a deteriorated photo that is the ONLY memory of a loved one; when a loved one is leaving for dangerous duty, I would want as many photo reminders as possible.

I think I remember seeing a TV newsclip locally about someone doing this here, but I failed to write down the name. Anyone know if photographers in your area are doing something similar or joining a group like Op Love?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography