Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Online Photo Proofing Services?

Old 12-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Online Photo Proofing Services?

I'm sorry if this is not the right forum to ask this (move it if it isn't)...

Can any photographers on here tell me of some good online proofing services. I'm looking for something that a portrait or wedding photographer could use to show his clients online proofs to customers, but proofs that can't be saved or printed without ordering first. Maybe some service has an auto watermarking feature?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Re: Online Photo Proofing Services?

I can't say which is better as I have yet to make this leap (currently I use Jalbum to build online albums for proofing) but I do know of a few of them. EZ Photo Sales, PhotoCart, Printroom, Photo Reflect... And probably a few others I am forgetting, but I can find for you. The one I am considering going for is PhotoCart, I think (or possibly EZPhotoSales). Printroom I know you have to pay a percent on the order. I am not sure but I believe that PhotoCart and EZ are one-time-fee deals, you get the software and can build and upload albums to your site - I think. lol
Been a while since I looked into them, but that is what I seem to remember. Look into them and see who has what you need, and for the price you want. You can IM, PM, or e-mail me if you wanna chat about it.

Hope that helped a little at least.

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2007, 02:09 PM

I am a digital photographer specialized in wedding photography. For a long time I was using online photo proofing service like digiproofs but few months back I came across a new photo proofing service They have a unique One click system where in entire software I (or my customers in that case) does not need to use double click anywhere, As I am getting customers from various age group & various computer skills this was “the most easy software” I ever have seen. And top of all I process my own payments & use my own lab.

Their ‘My Photo Selection’ proofing Cds have made my customers life very easy for selecting photos as in one event we have 1000+ photos to select from 2000+ total pictures taken. Even sorting & separating of selection takes couple of minutes.

They are also providing online photo albums which help me to collect information about marketing of my studio. I am not too knowledgeable in computers; I got my own site manager from who helps me in every steps of photo proofing cycle.
You may also want to check out & request a demo from

Thank you
Joe Thomas

Last edited by joethomas; 06-10-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2007, 06:24 AM

I use and is very satisfied... i am a semi proffesional wedding photographer and i use it to show my customers the pictures without the risk of them stealing and printing them.

You buy credits and use them as you upload pictures... no monthly fee

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 PM

There is a great new online photo proofing site available, They display your images online in high resolution, while protecting them from copyright infringement. They can automatically watermark with either text or your logo, and you adjust the watermark settings. This is a great way for clients to browse your photos before deciding on a purchase, share them with friends and family for input, etc.

The fee is monthly only, starting at $10, and you can scale up or down as you need more photos online, there is no commission fee, so you keep all of your sales.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2010, 09:55 AM

I would highly recommend Express Digital and their suite of products. They have a free web edition that allows you to connect to any "Labtricity" lab in the nation, as well as higher end paid versions for more die-hard photogs. The software can be a bit tricky to get started, but it's all worth it in the end!

You can even sign up for their PhotoReflect online service that allows you to easily post photos from the Express Digital software to your own personal online storefront. This storefront only stores a preview of your image so a customer can't just go on and steal it from you. However they can place orders which, after your review, are sent directly to your favorite "Labtricity" lab (Image 360, Inc. happens to be one of these labs

Like I mentioned the learning curve is a bit of a con for the software. It also has it's own bug issues that any software will have, but the company is getting so much better at resolving those issues. The company was actually just bought out by a new owner and it really seems like they are getting ready to push the software to the next level.

So IMHO, Express Digital with PhotoReflect is the best bang for your buck combination. Utilizing it to it's full potential can take the semi-pro photographer to the big leagues. If you had anymore questions I would be glad to answer them for you.

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2010, 05:03 PM

i use digi labs, all depends on how much you shoot, i shoot alot and this cost me the least. 150 a year for 25 thousand images online, at once not collective. they take a percentage but i dont care most people print on their own anyways.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 AM

Hi there. You can sell event photos or prints using event codes on

There is a voucher code for to get £5 off a new event (making it £4.99 currently). Code is PRO18DD7

You can manage your own product options e.g. available sizes, print format etc and you can control your own prices.

Hope that helps anyone
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2012, 03:21 PM

I use Miller's Lab.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography