RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

study photography on college i USA...HELP!

Old 01-18-2007, 04:16 PM

study photography on college i USA...HELP!

Well, first, don't know if this is the right folder to put my questions in, but here goes!

I want to study photography(within fashion design), but the schools in my hometown is more of the study all genres(that means journalist, wildlife, cars and so on).

So I want to study i USA, since I know english and have heard good things. Can anybody recommend a college where digital photography is on their class schedule?
Or do anybody have any tip on where the schools within digital photography is fantastic and not in USA.

Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2007, 08:45 AM

Re: study photography on college i USA...HELP!

Try Brooks Institute of Photography www.brooks.edu in Santa Barbara California where there is a huge international student population, with several different degree areas in photography it is also the school I went too ('93). There is also Rochester Institute of technology www.rit.edu in Upstate New York. Both are outstanding schools. One other school of mention Art Center College of design www.artcenter.edu in Los Angles...Stay away from AI or www.artinstitutes.edu
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2007, 09:27 AM

There's always New York City, a very international town. There's also many great schools to choose from. There's FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology), The School for Visual Arts (SVA), International Center for Photography (ICP), Pratt, Parsons, and The New School. A lot of New Yorkers in the fashion industry went to FIT. I took a few courses at the SVA and could vouch that I learned a lot and it helped me out in my career.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2007, 07:37 PM

wow, thanks! really nice replies from yu both...will see if my department of education in norway has some kind of agreement with some of the schools you mentioned...I really need to have my back secured on the money issue and they can grant student funding if they have any kind of co operation with schools in USA...thanks so much!

Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2007, 02:13 PM

do anybody knwo if there any schools that only focus on portrait/fashion/haute couture - photography?

not only the us, but in europe as well?

gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2007, 12:47 PM

Hi
You might try SCAD- Savannah College of Art and Design- they have an incredible photography program.

www.scad.edu

raych
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography