RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Photoshop Workbench - weekly video instruction

Old 02-01-2007, 10:14 AM

Photoshop Workbench - weekly video instruction

UPDATE as of Oct. 24, 2008
The Radiant Vista website has closed and left the following message:

October 24, 2008
Thank you to each of you for being a part of The Radiant Vista over the past three years. We deeply appreciate all of your support and inspiration.
The Radiant Vista features you have come to know and love have migrated to different sites that have been launched by Craig Tanner, Mark Johnson, and Matt Gibson.

Mark Johnson is continuing the Photoshop Workbench on his site - it runs in Quicktime format:

From the Radiant Vista website: Every week a 15 to 20 minute video will be available for download. This video will feature a submitted image onscreen in Photoshop with a soundtrack, which will contain suggestions on getting the most out of your image in the digital darkroom. These suggestions follow a general workflow making it very easy to pick up tips and tricks.

The Photoshop Workbench videos vary in size between 20MB and 40MB. A high speed connection is recommended. [Sorry, dial-up folks!]

http://www.radiantvista.com/workbench/

Each video is retained on their website for only two weeks, so if you are interested, be sure to check back each week to see the new one.

This week's new one involves extending the depth-of-field while shooting macro -- the photographer shot 5 images while changing the point of focus in each one -- using Photoshop CS2, the images were blended together using layer masks to show extended depth-of-field (DOF) in a final image. The process involved changing the scale of each layer (each separate image) to align the edges of the subjects due to size differences created by the change in focus of each image.

Let me know your opinion of these videos (if you're able to view them) - I think the subject material in the few I've been able to view is relevant, and the instructional manner of the narrator is clear and helpful.

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 12-01-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: updated website link
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2007, 10:05 AM

re: Photoshop Workbench - weekly video instruction

Hi cj,
I thought i pass this on to you... I was able to get my email pass there spam blockers at radiant... smile.

It appears that they will be offering there past tutorials either later this month or early next month.... the following is the message they sent me...
"""""""""""""""
Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your interest in the Radiant Vista site! Sometime in late February or early March, we're launching a subscription-based archive where you will have access to all of the previous Photoshop Workbenches. Keep an eye on the "News" link on the RV site. When we release the archive, we'll make a news post to announce it.

Cheers!

Mark
"""""""""""""""""""

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Swartz
From the Radiant Vista website: Every week a 15 to 20 minute video will be available for download. This video will feature a submitted image onscreen in Photoshop with a soundtrack, which will contain suggestions on getting the most out of your image in the digital darkroom. These suggestions follow a general workflow making it very easy to pick up tips and tricks.

The Photoshop Workbench videos vary in size between 20MB and 40MB. A high speed connection is required. [Sorry, dial-up folks!]

http://www.radiantvista.com/workbench/

Each video is retained on their website for only two weeks, so if you are interested, be sure to check back each week to see the new one.

This week's new one involves extending the depth-of-field while shooting macro -- the photographer shot 5 images while changing the point of focus in each one -- using Photoshop CS2, the images were blended together using layer masks to show extended depth-of-field (DOF) in a final image. The process involved changing the scale of each layer (each separate image) to align the edges of the subjects due to size differences created by the change in focus of each image.

Let me know your opinion of these videos (if you're able to view them) - I think the subject material in the few I've been able to view is relevant, and the instructional manner of the narrator is clear and helpful.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 AM

re: Photoshop Workbench - weekly video instruction

Thanks, Jerry! I'll keep a watch out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2008, 01:36 AM

Re: The Photoshop Workbench - weekly video (no dia

The Radiant Vista website has closed and left the following message:

October 24, 2008
Thank you to each of you for being a part of The Radiant Vista over the past three years. We deeply appreciate all of your support and inspiration.
The Radiant Vista features you have come to know and love have migrated to different sites that have been launched by Craig Tanner, Mark Johnson, and Matt Gibson.

Mark Johnson is continuing the Photoshop Workbench on his site:

http://www.msjphotography.com/

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography