RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

March 2007 Photo Assignment - Discussion Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:06 AM

March 2007 Photo Assignment - Discussion Thread

If you want to make a comment about someone's entry in this month's competitive Photo Assignment "Life on a Windowsill", please post in this thread.

My home doesn't have windowsills that allow for much "Life", unless I photograph a dust-bunny before I catch it. I do have one that's deep enough to put stuff on, but I think I'm going to go hunting for someone else's windowsill and see what I can find that is interesting. The theme allows for a lot of variety and creativity, as I can imagine anything from people, nature, still lifes and who-knows-what-else that might be on a windowsill, or near that windowsill...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2007, 11:49 AM

Re: March 2007 Photo Assignment - Discussion Thread

In my house dust-bunnies seem to take on a life of their own... so that might count. It never even occurred to me that there would be houses without a window sill!! (you don't live in a bomb shelter do you??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Swartz
If you want to make a comment about someone's entry in this month's competitive Photo Assignment "Life on a Windowsill", please post in this thread.

My home doesn't have windowsills that allow for much "Life", unless I photograph a dust-bunny before I catch it. I do have one that's deep enough to put stuff on, but I think I'm going to go hunting for someone else's windowsill and see what I can find that is interesting. The theme allows for a lot of variety and creativity, as I can imagine anything from people, nature, still lifes and who-knows-what-else that might be on a windowsill, or near that windowsill...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discinque
In my house dust-bunnies seem to take on a life of their own... so that might count. It never even occurred to me that there would be houses without a window sill!! (you don't live in a bomb shelter do you??)
Funny you should ask about the bomb shelter! My dad actually dug one and we had to use it during our summer monsoon storms for a couple of years just to make all his work worthwhile. Definitely no window sills there.

Well, I do have window sills, but they're only 2 1/2 inches deep -- just big enough for dust bunnies (the smaller variety, anyway -- there's some giant varieties that live under the beds sometimes -- they won't fit on my windowsill.)

I've seen some wonderful images on PBase using windows, doors, etc., so I'm excited about the possibilities of what we will get to see this month!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2007, 10:29 AM

I know my entry may be a little off topic, but I liked the idea, so I had to go with it I do like to be different, or as many others call it awkward
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2007, 11:47 PM

Alright now - CLOSE the contest - we already have a winner!!

Chris - that is so cool, man. Really deep!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STLITE

Just thought I would try a different approach to this months, and see what happened
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2007, 09:37 AM

sheesh, I have put away my camera, even hidden it, I have dead flys on my sill and spider webs as well
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STLITE
Hey,1STLITE, you don't get out of submitting THIS month after promising you were going to submit an entry!

Chris -- you get the nod for creativity, but you still have to wait till the end of the assignment to find out if you get to wear "the title".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy
sheesh, I have put away my camera, even hidden it, I have dead flys on my sill and spider webs as well
Then you could do macro shots of a dead fly or a pretty web, or think of something else to put on the sill, or look thru the sill at something from the inside, or look thru the sill at something from the outside, or visit friends, relatives, stores -- there are window sills Everywhere!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Swartz
but you still have to wait till the end of the assignment to find out if you get to wear "the title".
Do we get printed T-shirts and a trophy this month Or better still, a contract with Microsoft to use our pics for "windows" advertisements
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishoggy
Do we get printed T-shirts and a trophy this month Or better still, a contract with Microsoft to use our pics for "windows" advertisements

Careful, we may make you do TV ads for PCs -- with that Apple guy.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography