RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

April Photo Assignment -- Discussion Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:18 AM

Re: April Photo Assignment -- Discussion Thread

Come on folks. Time is a wasting. We only have a few entries. Don't let this thread die for lack of interest. Submit. Submit. Submit. Please

Janet
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 AM

Re: April Photo Assignment -- Competition with Voting

I don't want this thread to die so I'm posting an old photo I took in the 80's. Not sure how well it fits with this month's theme, but, ... wanted to submit something.
Used a Canon AE1, probably w/ a wide angle lens, don't remember any of the settings or film speed; scanned this from the original slide, had to lighten the overall image in photoshop but that's it.

Last edited by lcramer53; 04-15-2007 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Moved from competition thread to Discussion thread
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2007, 08:16 PM

Susie, I can see why you chose to capture that moment in time of an adorable child in a traditionally adorable pose.

Sorry, but I cannot allow that image to be considered in the Photo Assignment for April voting -- the rules state that the image must be created during the timeframe: Time-frame for shooting your image: April 1, 2007 to April 25th, 2007 (a Wednesday) at 9 pm EDT.

The Photo Assignment thread won't die, but we might have folks not meet the deadline if we don't "hurry" to visualize what we're going to shoot and get the entry submitted by April 25th. I have an idea finally that I want to shoot, but I have to wait for an event to occur this week. Hope I get my entry in this time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2007, 09:04 PM

OOops! Sorry about that, CJ!

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries; everyone is so talented!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcramer53 View Post
OOops! Sorry about that, CJ!

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries; everyone is so talented!
No problem! I'm looking forward to seeing the entries also, BUT why don't YOU go outside (or even stay inside) and shoot an entry -- there is still time before April 25th!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM

Just want to say sorry for not entering this month. I was due to go out on a photo shooting mission this weekend for the contest, but I was evacuated from the house first thing Saturday morning. We had a small fire in a business near us, and in the middle of it was some gas cylinders. So we all got moved out to a safe distance and then put in hotels for the night. Thankfully none exploded, but it sure did mess up my weekend plans.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishoggy View Post
Just want to say sorry for not entering this month. I was due to go out on a photo shooting mission this weekend for the contest, but I was evacuated from the house first thing Saturday morning. We had a small fire in a business near us, and in the middle of it was some gas cylinders. So we all got moved out to a safe distance and then put in hotels for the night. Thankfully none exploded, but it sure did mess up my weekend plans.
Yikes! What a scary event so close to home! So glad that there were no explosions, and hope that the fire was extinguished before it did lots of damage. Too bad you didn't have time to shoot the ideas you'd been thinking about.

Of course, there's still time before the deadline Wednesday, so you may find some extra time with camera in hand...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography