RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Canon A620 Video

Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM

Canon A620 Video

I hope I'm not asking this in the wrong area. My daughter recently shot some short videos on my Canon Powershot A620 and the lighting in the room was poor. The videos came out extremely dark and I was wondering if there a software program that will allow me to lighten these up?
Thanks,
Nan
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM

Re: Canon A620 Video

hi,
Oh there many movie editing programs that will do that.. I imagine everyone has there favorite...

Now I tried to find out if your camera came with one but could not find anything... also depending on your burning software, it may have a movie editor in it!! ... I know my roxio does... althugh I use VS ...

In general, programs like visual studio from ulead.com , proshow gold from photodex.com , pennicle , magix, adobe premier (gets alittle expensive) and many others will do that... even the windows movie maker in you xp system can do but .. smile... that one poor... and in fact the way they handle brighness and contrast can be confusing to start off with... the others are much better than wmm ....

one final note: you can have a lot of fun being your own director.... keep in mind these programs to a whole lot more than birghness and contrast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
I hope I'm not asking this in the wrong area. My daughter recently shot some short videos on my Canon Powershot A620 and the lighting in the room was poor. The videos came out extremely dark and I was wondering if there a software program that will allow me to lighten these up?
Thanks,
Nan
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2007, 02:38 PM

Re: Canon A620 Video

Thanks Jerry. I will be checking all of these out. I figured there had to be a way.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography