RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Look what somebody's little kid did

Old 10-25-2007, 08:29 PM

Look what somebody's little kid did

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-...ory=20&group=2

Meanwhile, grown-ups were busy --
‘I’d been so busy taking pictures of the salmon in the Ozernaya River in southern Kamchatka, east Russia, I didn’t notice the bear until it was a metre away. It was a terrible shock. I kept calm enough to take the picture but only later did I realise how serious the situation was.’
DO click for the enlarged version
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-...gory=7&group=1
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2007, 06:57 AM

Re: Look what somebody's little kid did

CJ... Thanks for the link. The Cheetah shot is wonderful.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2007, 07:12 AM

Great link CJ The Sparrow hawk is my favorite mainly because i am real jealous, we have one close to my home (urban) and it wont oblige and come as close as i need it to, to be able to get a snap

I quite often let the grandkids loose ( ages 4/5/6 ) with my mobile phone camera admittedly to keep them amused and quiet but it is amazing what they "see" if ever you need inspiration look at what kids "see"

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2007, 04:43 PM

Swampy, I really like the cheetah image also. The photographer, Liisa Widstrands, first won an award for a photograph when she was 10 years old in the "2003 BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year" Competition. Her father is a photographer, which explains how she got a 600mm lens to use on the cheetah, and she's making great use of her opportunities to learn from him and their travels.

Palms, if you had the camera/lens setup that Fergus Gill had (Nikon D200 + Nikon 200-400mm f4 lens), it would make it a bit easier for you to capture an image of your sparrow hawk. Of course, the kid built and stayed in a "hide" so as not to scare the bird away -- you might have trouble doing that without the grandkids "giving you away" and scaring the bird out of the yard.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2007, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
Great link CJ The Sparrow hawk is my favorite mainly because i am real jealous, we have one close to my home (urban) and it wont oblige and come as close as i need it to, to be able to get a snap
I've got one comes fairly regularly to feed on the birds eating at my bird feeder, so distance is never a problem.

Problem I have is I never have a camera around when the Sparrowhawk visits. On the one occasion I did, it moved so quickly that I got nothing but a lot of blurs.

Luckily others seem to have more good fortune (or more likely more skill) with their wildlife photos. Thanks CJ for posting the links, it's humbling when kids show such wonderful talent.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography