RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

HDR camera

Old 12-10-2007, 07:36 AM

HDR camera

it seem a very usefull, but damn expensive toy:

http://www.spheron.com/en/PI_spheroc...r_overview.php
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Re: HDR camera

Interesting find, Saby. I don't understand the subject well enough to know if they have invented a new "HDR" sensor (it doesn't seem to list one) or a camera that simply makes the current process/technique easier?

I'm sure that sensors in the future will have increased dynamic range, but don't understand the science so don't know if there is a barrier to prevent true HDR sensors. Film (both print and slides) had/have limits to their dynamic range; printers, computer monitors, photographic papers all have dynamic range limits (if I understand what I've read correctly) that are below what the current HDR software can create.

There are commercial photography purposes which could find near-HDR cameras useful -- those who shoot interiors of buildings for real-estate, architectural purposes discuss some interest in HDR methods on DPreview.com. If there is a market for it, I'm sure there will be companies trying to fill the need.

I'm still just trying to catch up with the current software to simulate near-HDR.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2007, 01:56 PM

Hi CJ,

I think it can makes different exp. at a time and the sensor could be very hi-tech, it should be, cause the price $50.000, same as a good car has
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saby View Post
Hi CJ,

I think it can makes different exp. at a time and the sensor could be very hi-tech, it should be, cause the price $50.000, same as a good car has
Saby, it will be interesting to see if this or future similar models are adopted for professional work. There are some threads on DPreview with a HDR devotee pushing for the elimination of artificial lighting and use of the HDR multi-exposure techniques for commercial work -- some of the responses from self-reported pros seem to show some beginnings of HDR techniques use, but as "one more tool in the tool chest" instead of a reason to leave the strobes / hot lights at home. It would be interesting to see a future where photographers need only carry a camera instead of all the additional lighting equipment.

As far as the price, that $50,000 would buy TWO good Hondas.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography