RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Model's portfolio

Old 12-22-2007, 03:06 AM

Model's portfolio

Could U tell me, what kind of settings should allways be included in a model's portfolio and how many of shots in it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2007, 06:13 AM

Re: Model's portfolio

A portfolio can be just one photo. yep thats right just one photo. Plus it can be just snap shots taken with a snapshot camera. BUT you are a photographer and that wont make you any money!!!.. So basicaly see what you can get out of the person. Thats what 95% of all photographers do. I have worked for an agency. We used to get just snap shots taken with an instant camera, to 50 page portfolio books. It did not matter to me at all. I could tell from one photo if they were right for the job.

BUT now that im in the photography business. I tell people exactly what im telling you. But they still want me to photograph them. So what does that tell you other then the people are vain of themselfs.

Good rule if your going to photograph a Nice portfolio is to show diverse images. As a model that can mean taking images with difforent hair and makup. As a photographer your goal is to make difforent lighting and use difforent photography techics.

A nice portfolio no matter the size, each photo should look compleatly difforent. that means clothing and background. AND your photography style. try to make the models portfolio look like each photo was taken a difforent day, by difforent photographers. If you can acomplish this, you will have people knocking down your door.

many agencys ask for at least a face shot, and a body shot (clothed), and from there you can do what ever you want.

One thing that should stay out of a portfolio is a nude shot.they are not needed and it can actuwaly hurt the model. if we got a portfolio with a nude shot it was instantly disgarded.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2007, 02:38 PM

Re: Model's portfolio

Thank U Matthew, this is full detailed answer, so there is not any of standards what a portfolio should contain.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography