RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Photos as gifts

Old 12-27-2007, 06:06 AM

Photos as gifts

What are the best gifts you've made out of pictures you've taken?
I have two:
1. For a wedding gift, I had happened to get nice candids of both the bride and the groom while each of their dads was giving a toast. Put those in frames, and another double frame with a nice portrait of both of them, plus a good shot of a famous landmark of the place they were married. They really seemed to like it.

2. For friends who had bought and were redecorating a beachhouse, I made a print of a shot of their toddler son and his older cousin walking up the path to the beach entrance. It wasn't a perfect photo - there was some construction debris I couldn't crop out - but it was nice, and nicely matted and framed. It is nicely displayed in the guest bedroom with other beach kid shots.

I really like gifts like this that show a personal touch.
(Oh and sorry I don't have these photos handy to post. The wedding ones were on film, even!)
cathmc is offline Reply With Quote
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2007, 07:51 AM

Re: Photos as gifts

When my daughter and her husband moved into their new home, they asked for anything black and white (arty) to put on their walls. I complied with pictures I cherished. And now, those pictures are seeing a new generation enjoying them. Kinda made my day.

Janet
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2007, 10:11 AM

hi,
A couple of things recently I have done.
1. For a family friend I made a couple of collages with different themes, for the grandson it was a theme of the different activities he was involved in picking out the right background was the hardest part, now the grandaughter that was a litle different decided to make a prom theme type with the central picture being her dressed up for the prom but the other pictures was of her growing up.. again picking the right background for theme was hard for me.. with both of those we put into a nice 8x10 frames and 14x18 .. the family enjoyed them tremendously...

2. another project I did with pictures was with my brother... he added two rooms (with his own hands ) to his home.. and un beknown to him I took pictures as he was building and then I made a DVD slide show movie, the title pages, special effects , transistions, music, and inserted some amusing animation.... They adored that one...

3. I also do my own animated music ecards and I use picture of my friend and relative in those.... they make cute little gifts for special occasions and holidays...

those are some of the things I do for gifts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunx View Post
What are the best gifts you've made out of pictures you've taken?
I have two:
1. For a wedding gift, I had happened to get nice candids of both the bride and the groom while each of their dads was giving a toast. Put those in frames, and another double frame with a nice portrait of both of them, plus a good shot of a famous landmark of the place they were married. They really seemed to like it.

2. For friends who had bought and were redecorating a beachhouse, I made a print of a shot of their toddler son and his older cousin walking up the path to the beach entrance. It wasn't a perfect photo - there was some construction debris I couldn't crop out - but it was nice, and nicely matted and framed. It is nicely displayed in the guest bedroom with other beach kid shots.

I really like gifts like this that show a personal touch.
(Oh and sorry I don't have these photos handy to post. The wedding ones were on film, even!)
cathmc is offline Reply With Quote
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2007, 12:15 AM

Last year I created calendars for my brother, and a cousin (my mother's niece). I used images from old family photos that I had recently scanned and edited with Photoshop, and created one large image for each month. My brother got a kick out of it, and my cousin said she enjoyed it. She died in February, so I was especially happy that I had chosen to complete the work in time for her to see the images.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2007, 02:32 AM

good

hey it was fabulous.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2007, 02:34 AM

hey

Sounds interesting...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2007, 02:36 AM

oh so sad

what happened to her??my condolences for that...calendar idea is good..cheers man..
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2007, 05:22 AM

I'm in to notecards this year. For my sister-in-law, I used five old black and white snapshots of her at age four and five in various old snapshot type frames for the outside along with the words "A Note from Susie". On each back I put the notation of how old Susie was in the snapshot. I printed out five of each on marbled card stock, added envelopes and put them into a cloth envelope. She loved them.
For my mom I did the same with watercolored type photos of her flowers. For my neighbor, I used a watercolored photo of her house taken in the fall.
Shari
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 11:36 PM

Thats a good Idea....wish u a very happy new year this moment...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography