RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Why buy a Mac?

Old 10-25-2009, 01:38 PM

Re: Why buy a Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post
I've a mac from about 5 months ago, I use it all the days to work on images and other stuff, it's turned on every day around 16 hours and I have never had a crash. Your mac maybe has a deffect.
Yeah, mac for almost 2 years now, no crashes.... worst that every happens is having to force quit applications (but this is mainly because I go crazy and end up with 300 hundred tabs open in safari and firefox.)

It also seems like it doesn't run any slower than the first day I got it (all the PC's I've had seem to slow with age - probably because of security patch updates and malware/viruses) I've also never had any problem with viruses or malware on my mac.....
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2009, 04:44 PM

Re: Why buy a Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post
I've a mac from about 5 months ago, I use it all the days to work on images and other stuff, it's turned on every day around 16 hours and I have never had a crash. Your mac maybe has a deffect.
I've used many, many, many many, many Macs over the years. They do crash from time to time, and the apps crash too. OSX and current apple hardware is better than ever, but don't believe the hype - they can crash.

As well, most machines(macs) I've come across (agencies, friends and family) aren't set up with hardware calibration. And consistent colour across-the-board - Photoshop, InDesign, Quark, Illustrator, web browsers, offset and digital print - is more of a dream than a reality.
I'm not saying its impossible, its just not common in my experience.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography