RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Photographed TODAY (or Processed today) con't

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 12:08 AM

Re: Photographed TODAY (or Processed today) con't

hehehe, sorry palms, but i'm officially a dirty old man now, having hit 60 last month, so i get to get away with it

i like the idea of shots at home. i'll bet more folks are on facebook than flikr, though, at least in more of a social networking frame. we could start a 'fans of retouchpro' page or something. i wouldnt ask for a once a week. i'd do it more like it's done here in this thread. just post something up when ya like.

i've had the idea of doing a retouchpro calendar or table top 'best of RP' book or something along those lines, too. add in the photo art forum and we've got something i'd buy.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:11 PM

Hi all,
I just took this shot of my puppy. Hope you like.
I am giving thought to the new thread, got some ideas, just have to wait for a day off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dog.jpg (96.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 PM

Nice dog! Reminds me of Keimo my Malamute...I really miss that dog!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfly1 View Post
...I just took this shot of my puppy. Hope you like.
I am giving thought to the new thread,...
Love your dog, and love how you incorporated a look at your "Patch" of Colorado at the same time.

Took this a few days ago (we've had rain since) but wanted to show that the Valley of the Sun in Arizona already has Spring flowers blooming - at least in my front yard.

I like the idea of using our forum and our interest in photography to share something about where / how we live with each other. I agree with Palms about not showing info that could lead someone to our doorstep, but think that would be easy to avoid. Placing such photos in a separate thread would make sense to me. People who are interested could set aside some time each week (or so) to search for a subject or location that expresses something about their locale -- that would give focus to our shooting without the strictness of a specific subject, and would make us think about what makes our locale special or different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1303-RPro.jpg (98.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-10-2010, 03:21 AM

Another reason why a thread would be interesting about our area's is CJ them are summer flowers here

Palms
Old 03-10-2010, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin View Post
i'll bet more folks are on facebook than flikr, though, at least in more of a social networking frame. we could start a 'fans of retouchpro' page or something.
statistically I'm sure that's correct but I don't think FB supports geotagging yet.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
Another reason why a thread would be interesting about our area's is CJ them are summer flowers here

Palms
Palms - By the time you are enjoying your summer flowers, these will have gone to seed and be only memories and photographs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasturtium View Post
statistically I'm sure that's correct but I don't think FB supports geotagging yet.
If it comes to posting elsewhere, I'll vote for Flickr over Facebook any day. Flickr is all about photography while Facebook is filled with Farmville or whatever other games and diversions. I guess a FB page for our group might be able to avoid that kind of stuff, but I'm not sure. (I hate to visit my page now because of Friends of friends requests to "milk their Farmville cow" etc.)
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 AM

Not sure about the flickr/facebook idea, And Doug will be shouting into his screen "Why" when we can do all that here ( except for the size of images) Crazyfly get a new thread going and lets see how it goes

there could even be a request thing, which i could start off now, My 5 year old granddaughter wants to go to USA so that she can photograph the Statue of Liberty! so as the next best thing is there anyone out there who could do a snap just for her? ( mind you she does think it can dance like on a camera advert over here )

C.J. I Know what you mean i have turned friends news off on some because of the farm/zoo/cafe things

Palms
Old 03-11-2010, 01:48 PM

Frank, thank you, the animal shelter told me he is a wolf but I don't know.
Cj, thank you, and those are lovely flowers, I'm really ready to see some of those here.

I'm going to start the new thread in a few days.

Here are a couple I shot in North Carolina on Lake Waccamaw. Just converted them to BW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC-014-2.jpg (93.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg SC-002.jpg (99.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-11-2010, 11:59 PM

william,

i'm a fan of black and whites. however, i'm thinkin the first, the alligator shot, might look better in color. but, i love the dock shot. great perspective and great contrasts. very nice!
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography