RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Photographed TODAY (or Processed today) con't

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:54 AM

Re: Photographed TODAY (or Processed today) con't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algarve Images View Post
Ha ha -
gosh yes i love to get out with the camera otherwise i could spend an eternity on the computer with Painter / CS5 etc.
Question: is there a more flexible flood filter than Flaming Pear, i want to check out Bryce - have you tried that one?
I will also look at 'Vue' because i like the idea of composing an image as you would on a blank canvas,
regards,
Gary..
Gary here are a couple i have used akvis nature art on using water ( and the lightning in a couple) they do, do a trial version so you could aways try before you buy ( as most software companies do )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/palms1/5451360506/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/palms1/5444171763/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/palms1/5351415619/

Palms
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM

Craig,
i agree your cat was better looking on the day, mine said to me later it was not her best side
I will look into 'Filter gorge' and check out the storm and water filters as well.

I agree on the last bird one being wrong in portrait mode so i'll redo it in landscape, may be change the filter settings on the water as well.
The first one being too saturated was probably due to a heavy Nik gradient
added after a bit too much caffeine lol
Third one, the sky does overpower the foreground elements, but if i remember i also went behind the building to capture just the sky itself for future use.
All in all i find nowadays i'm not only looking for a complete picture but also sourcing different elements to blend together - so i guess i'm evolving more into the digital art areas.
Palms i will check out your images on Flikr and try out the akvis plug in,
now i have to get back to reality and do some ironing etc lol
Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 AM

I had the opportunity to take my new camera out over the weekend and shoot some pictures in a burned out building. Here are a couple of the best ones. Enjoy.

Cheers,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D30_0451_k.jpg (60.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg D30_0469_k.jpg (94.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg D30_0482_k.jpg (93.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg D30_0488_k.jpg (88.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg D30_0474_k.jpg (97.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 02:22 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algarve Images View Post
I will look into 'Filter gorge'
That's funny, because one does really "gorge" on so many filter options!

Palms, those are great examples of Nature Art!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:07 PM

Ha ha,
that was a typo lol..................., just seen it - no wonder i couldn't find the page on google!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Patron

But I think you're on to something!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:52 PM

plugs,
what do you mean by nature effects? do you mean ones applied to nature scenes or ones that are somehow nature themselves? i know of a couple leaf filters, several sunset types (including one of my own there), several water effect types, quite a few cloud types, lots of dirt and rock types, a couple landscape types, background types and even a waterfalls filter (one i made). the best way to go about it is to simply do a search on the website in the filters again or, if you're like me and have all the filters, do a search within FF itself when it's open in stand-alone mode. oh, and there's even a lightning filter and a couple rainbow filters

palms, those three images you linked to are marvelous! how much of those were your original work and how much taken from photo(s)? i mean, what did you start with on those and what and how much did you add to them? really good pieces!

Quote:
Third one, the sky does overpower the foreground elements, but if i remember i also went behind the building to capture just the sky itself for future use.
dont get me wrong, gary; i like it! i think it's an interesting twist.
and yes, i like your compositing. i already liked your photography, so the compositing is just more fun to look at

Michael, very nicely done! it reminds me of something i was chiding myself over just a day or so ago, that a good artist shld be able to find or create art in just about anything. i was musing over this while sitting on my butt at the computer and looking around the room thinking there must be something i could take a pic of. i eventually spotted something just outside the window but was too late to capture it. but your burned building follows exactly the idea i was thinking and you've done it oh so well! i see a story in every one of those shots and the black and white makes the whole thing even more poingant(sp?) and that, to me, is good photography!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Patron

Thanks Craig, I'll do the search in FF.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin View Post
palms, those three images you linked to are marvelous! how much of those were your original work and how much taken from photo(s)? i mean, what did you start with on those and what and how much did you add to them? really good pieces!
Thank you Craig
the flower was from veronica's thread

the lady is mainly all photo just changed the colour and added water and globe

the heart is all mine except for the heart texture

Palms
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 AM

Craig,

Thanks for your kind words. I do so miss being able to throw some Ilford Delta in the camera and spending the afternoon (and often evening as well) playing in the darkroom to perfect the pics.

I've pretty much avoided black and white photography since going digital because I could get nice black and white, but it just didn't have the tonal range and "feel " of the real thing. At least until about a year ago when I finally worked out a method I like, which has allowed me to go out and really hit the black and white with a vengeance. I missed the power of black and white <insert evil laugh here>.

Have a wonderful day, just for fun, I'm attaching a fun little photo entitled "Picasso in 4 Dimensions." Only thing I did in post was the black and white convert, everything you see was shot in camera.

Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D30_0069.jpg (86.6 KB, 17 views)
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography