RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Photographed TODAY (or Processed today) con't

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 PM

Re: Photographed TODAY (or Processed today) con't

Thank you CJ

Frank, makes me almost wish I hunted but I couldn't kill something that awsome unless I was realllllly hungry.

Nasturtium, nah, wasn't scared, I could take him. Kidding, I was on a 200mm about 200 yards out. He seemed content to just watch me watch him.
I like that lodge! Interesting composure too, I'm still trying to learn how to make a picture that draws the eye around like that one does.

Craig, thank you
Nice shot of the hoarfrost!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:07 PM

After a stunning day, the rain came down about 7pm, eased off just before 8pm and we got this strange sunset, through the light rain. Sun was setting fast, so I didn't have time to get an other lens. This was taken with a 17mm-40mm Canon lens.
HDR to bring out as much of the light as possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg friis-sunset-March-2010.jpg (96.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-05-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friiskiwi View Post
Bluebells, photographed yesterday, proccessed today. HDR and Topaz.
Canon 400D canon 17-40mm lens and a tripod.
Beautiful picture! Our Texas Bluebells (our state flower) aren't blooming yet.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:43 AM

hoarfrost! so that's what it's called! and here i thought hoarfrost was something between a prostitute's legs

thanks, william
Old 03-06-2010, 01:15 AM

LOL, I'm not touchin that one Craig.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:42 AM

Hey everyone, I been thinking. (I know, you can smell the smoke, right?)
So many great photographers and GWC's, and all over the world. I think we tend to focus on our best shots and most interesting snaps. I wonder, has anyone else here thought about the National Geographic type of possibilities we have here?
Palms in England
Algrave in Spain
Nancy and her travels
Phil and Alex in South Carolina
CJ in Arizona
and Friiskiwi in New Zealand
Oh, and I have lot's of fun examining Craig s Pics and looking for a clue as to where he is.
See what I'm saying? The trees in South Carolina grow with a mossy kinda stuff and are thick with vines, they are so beautiful.
Saguaro cactus grow just a few miles south of Phoenix, and that is THE only place they grow in the world.
I know this is a stupid American statement but you can probably point the camera anywhere in any direction in New Zealand and take a beautiful picture.

You see where I'm going with this. What if we each went outside and took a picture and posted it here once a week? Maybe with a little story about it, maybe with gps coordinates. Could be anything; a restaurant, a ski lodge, a hot spring, an old man, anything. Maybe you see it every day and don't even notice it anymore but someone on the other side of the world could find it fascinating. Algrave does great portraits, but I would love to see what he sees when he looks out his kitchen window, I've never been to Spain. Maybe this is fit for it's own thread. I'm willing to commit to carrying the camera around and try shooting some local Colorado things that Might interest someone who lives on the beach somewhere and has never seen Colorado things. You know?
Let me know if you all think this is a decent idea, or if you think that's pretty much what we already do in this thread.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin View Post
hoarfrost! so that's what it's called! and here i thought hoarfrost was something between a prostitute's legs

thanks, william
CRAIG ! ! ! ! !

Palms
Old 03-06-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfly1 View Post
So many great photographers and GWC's, and all over the world. I think we tend to focus on our best shots and most interesting snaps. I wonder, has anyone else here thought about the National Geographic type of possibilities we have here?
Palms in England
Algrave in Spain
Nancy and her travels
CJ in Arizona
Oh, and I have lot's of fun examining Craig s Pics and looking for a clue as to where he is.
See what I'm saying? The trees in South Carolina grow with a mossy kinda stuff and are thick with vines, they are so beautiful.
Saguaro cactus grow just a few miles south of Phoenix, and that is THE only place they grow in the world.
I know this is a stupid American statement but you can probably point the camera anywhere in any direction in New Zealand and take a beautiful picture.

You see where I'm going with this. What if we each went outside and took a picture and posted it here once a week? Maybe with a little story about it, maybe with gps coordinates. Could be anything; a restaurant, a ski lodge, a hot spring, an old man, anything. Maybe you see it every day and don't even notice it anymore but someone on the other side of the world could find it fascinating. Algrave does great portraits, but I would love to see what he sees when he looks out his kitchen window, I've never been to Spain. Maybe this is fit for it's own thread. I'm willing to commit to carrying the camera around and try shooting some local Colorado things that Might interest someone who lives on the beach somewhere and has never seen Colorado things. You know?
Let me know if you all think this is a decent idea, or if you think that's pretty much what we already do in this thread.
I think it has sort of been touched upon before briefly but I am like you and think it is a good idea maybe start another thread perhaps with the title "My patch" and maybe link it to a google map ?
but be aware people are weary about giving out the exact locations of where they live etc but surrounding areas should be ok,
Think of it as a education my geography has come on in leaps and bounds since posting here

Palms
Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 AM

I've been kicking around the idea of a RetouchPRO group at Flickr but*. Does everyone have an account there? If we geotag our pictures then we could have a map for the group. I think.

As far as me taking a picture a week*. I thought photographers were supposed to follow the light. It's gray and overcast here mostly-making that "magic" Dutch light a rather rare commodity. :-)

- Nancy

*I'm a commitmentphobe :-)
Old 03-06-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfly1 View Post
Palms in England
Algrave in Spain
Nancy and her travels
CJ in Arizona

I like how you think! I have my camera ready. Also like the "My Patch" idea from Palms.

Dak
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography