Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

How often do you photograph?

Old 02-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Re: How often do you photograph?

Most of my shoots are pre arranged studio work. I will occasionally go somewhere specific with the intention of getting a particular type of shot. I always take my camera on vacation but it spends a lot of time locked in the hotel safe.

Of course, I do occasionally see something that makes me regret leaving my camera behind but I ain't going to lug a camera and tripod everywhere just in case.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-15-2011, 05:00 PM

I carry my little point and shoot in a belt holster almost all the time. I try to take at least one shot a day. A lot of them are drive by shoots as I drive around town so most of them are discarded. But now and then I'll get a few that I can salvage thru post processing. Thats where I get the most enjoyment....the post processing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2011, 05:56 PM

Making myself post instead of standing back... I read too much! I want to be able to tell "stories" about my family, so I carry a little Canon S95 in my handbag all the time. I do have an (oldish) SLR which I use to learn from (I'd love to be half as good a photographer as many of you), but I love the ordinary everyday things which get forgotten and often can't be predicted. Mobile phone cameras can do this to some extent, but the quality doesn't come anywhere near the lovely little S95, especially in low light!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2011, 05:17 PM

I have gone for years at a stretch without lifting a camera. Went to Amsterdam on hols this year, took a camera and found it interesting. Interesting how much of the basics you can forget.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography