Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Advice from professionals on the industry

Old 03-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Advice from professionals on the industry

Hey guys, I love the work on this forums - photoshoots are great and the retouching is pretty classy too, some people here have a unique style!

I have a question, how long have guys here been doing photography for?

Also how is it when it comes to income? How does it work? Do you basically take shoots and then you have to send those pictures around and hope that some magazine or something gets back to you and wants to use one of your pictures? Or is there another way to make an income from it?

I know there are a lot of "photographers" on the scene, but a lot are really average and I understand you have to have some unique style to be noticed and maybe earn a decent amount from it -

Can you give me an idea when it comes to making an income from it? The different ways?

I've done a few before but nothing serious as I work fulltime in the interactive web area but I'm looking into it on the side and possibly invest in a decent camera set up - If I do get into it, it would be glamor/fitness related type of shoots

Would appreciate any tips on what you think about the industry/how to make money so I can decide if it's something I want to take the risk and invest in and give it a shot

I've broken up with my g/f this last Xmas and I feel now is my time to freshen my brain up so to say and dip my toes into something on the side new so I'm dabbling with a few ideas I've had before and photography is one of them

Look forward to any words from guys here
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography