Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

The Art of Black and White Photography by Joel Tji

Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 AM
The Art of Black and White Photography by Joel Tji

The Art of Black and White Photography by Joel Tjintjelaar

I’m not out on capturing reality as we all can see or experience – If there wouldn’t be any doubt in my mind that there’s such thing like objective reality. In any case, I’m simply not interested in that. Sometimes I’m out on expressing a mood or just simply beauty, but always according my inner vision. I really prefer to express beauty, since I think that’s the most profound meaning of a photograph. I very rarely try to convey a message. My favorite subjects are architecture and landscapes using long exposure techniques and also still life and portraiture work using studio lighting. Lately I’ve been inspired by architecture so I tend to focus on looking for architectural objects that in some way represents the idea that beauty can be found in mathematics. Goethe once said that architecture is frozen music. I like that quote. Both architecture and music are based on mathematics. So why not combine both?

link to interview

Last edited by Nasturtium; 07-28-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography