RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Canon vs Nikon Colors

Old 11-30-2015, 05:31 PM

Re: Canon vs Nikon Colors

And also understand there will be minor changes in colour rendition depending on factors such as the lens used (coating, number of elements, refraction), the ambient light colour temperature, the ration between the modelling light output and the flash output (if using studio flash), reflection from the various surfaces around you, and so on.

At the end of the day, photography is subjective; you create the image you envision using the tools (camera. lights, computer, software) that you have chosen.

You have complete control to render your image the way you see it. But to do that, you must be completely familiar with all your equipment and your workflow.

To achieve this shoot, shoot, shoot with a consistent workflow so that you can control as many elements as possible. Work on developing one look until you can nail it every time you shoot. That's the only way to a professional career.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2016, 08:15 AM

I realise this is an old post and this info won't be of use to skilled retouchers on here, but other people may find it useful in future looks at this thread. A company called VSCO produces software to match the look of Canon and Nikon DSLRs - wedding photographers use it a lot as a quick fix if their 2nd shooter uses a different brand of camera to the main shooter.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2016, 10:21 AM

A company called VSCO claims their software matches the look of Canon and Nikon DSLRs and film. The side by side proof they match is something I can't find.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2016, 10:56 AM

Andrew, you may indeed be right. I have never used it myself. I only know it is referenced on wedding photographer sites for this purpose. It may also be that it suits this form of user in a way that would not suit high end people on this forum. WPs often process 1000-4000 images for a single wedding, I am guessing volume/time becomes an issue?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography