RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Elements Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Elements Help Questions and answers about Adobe Photoshop Elements (all versions).
One question per thread, please.

Problems with Tablet and Clone tool

Old 08-20-2005, 05:19 AM

Unhappy Problems with Tablet and Clone tool

Hi,
My question/problem is as follows..

System ...I have a PenPartner tablet, I run Windows2000, I have downloaded the latest driver from Wacom (which did not solve the problem).

Problem...I have just started using Photoshop Elements 2 and I have noticed that when using the Clone stamp tools I dont get any result unless the pen is moved. For example. If just press on one spot and release I get no clone information applied, if however I move the pen slightly while pressing I get clone information applied.
This cant be right? because if you want to apply a very accurate tool to one spot you cant because you have to move the pen to get any result.
If I do the same with my trackball mouse it works as it (I think) should. Also the paintbrush tool seems to work OK ie. just a click and it lays down colour.
Also if I turn of tablet support then the Clone tool works OK, but I loose any pressure sensitivity.
Am I not doing something.
Any advise would be much appreciated.
Regards
Peter Cook
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2005, 09:52 AM

That usually happens when using a pressure sensitive brush in association with the clone tool. I don't have PE, but if you're able to turn off the pressure sensitivy that controls size and opacity of the clone brush (in Photoshop it's in the brush options palette) it should act like you want it to.

So to recap, what you want to do is select the clone brush, then go to the brush options and turn off pressure sensitivity for size and opacity. In the Photoshop brushes palette there are check boxes for Shape Dynamics (size) and Other Dynamics (usually means opacity) make sure both are unchecked.

I'm hoping that the brushes palette is the same for PE. If not, you'll have to find where these settings are.

--Racc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brushpalette.jpg (37.3 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2005, 03:14 AM

Thanks

Yes that is the case, I was sort of hoping that the clone tool should work with Tablet enabled but it seems not.
At least I know its not me , or my system not behaving itself
Thanks again
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2005, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I was sort of hoping that the clone tool should work with Tablet enabled but it seems not.
But it does, I do it all the time. But, I am using Photoshop. I'm not sure how Elements works, but changing the settings I mentioned should only change the pressure sensitivity for that particular brush you're using, not the whole application.

Pressure sensitivity should still be there if you select another brush that's set to use it. Another thing you could try... In the shape dynamics options (if you have them in PE) try changing the minimum diameter so that it's the same as the full diameter. That way, even using pressure sensitivity, the brush will not vary in size.

Hope that helps.

--Racc
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2005, 05:45 AM

PE is not the same

Unfortunnatly PE is not the same as PS in this respect, it seems that the Tablet support check box is a Global On/Off , even though it is in the brush configuration popup which sort of implies that it would save it with the brush, it does not. Prob one of the cut downs that happen with a stripped down cheaper package.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 AM

I see. That's too bad. Is it at least easy to turn off and on when you need it?

--Racc
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Elements Help