RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Elements Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Elements Help Questions and answers about Adobe Photoshop Elements (all versions).
One question per thread, please.

Please help

Old 04-05-2009, 02:14 PM

Question Please help

Hello I'm new to all this and I need some help please!!!
I am trying to install the hidden power custom actions and tool demo package. I have downloaded and unzipped the hidden powers and printed off the instruction sheet. I am having alot of trouble with the first instruction. Renaming the index.html file....!!!!! How do you get to the Adobe photoshop Elements/HTMLPalettes/Welcome....etc. I am running vista and PE 7. I have been trying to do this for days!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Re: Please help

dynamoerike,
Well, your question/statement is not real clear. Maybe you could clean it up a tad so we can offer more specific support. For example, is the problem (a) you cannot locate the file; (b) you don't know how to rename the file; (c) you don't know what application in Vista will allow you do rename the file ?

Anyway, I have never used one of their products, so I can't vouch for what it asks you to do. Most applications that would ask you to rename/move/edit an "index.htm" file is trying to modify how a web page behaves. Most home pages have an index.htm file that does two things: (a) flags the browser this is the home page with a valid index; (b) instructs simple navigation from that page to other pages.

You can rename the file only when it is not in use; so, close any browsers or applications referencing the file. You can then rename the file using Vista's file browser, right click the file, click rename (or hit F2).
You can also edit the file using MS Office Word. At the end of your edit, you can save with the same name, a new name, or whatever. This accomplishes the same as renaming it if you do it right.

Shoot us another note and tell us more specifically what you want to do. Also, this would have gotten more response in one of the support forums, not the social forum. I only look here when the other ones are slow.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 PM

moving this to the photoshop elements forum, where you shld get all the help you'll need.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2009, 12:54 PM

Thank you for help. I would have posted my question in another forum but it is my first time useing anything like this and I couldn't figure out how to get into another forum, I'm not even sure how I got into this one.

I sorry I wasn't more clear on what I was trying to do, I was getting very frustrated when I first posted this.
The first instruction I was trying to do is suppose to change the welcome window for PSE 7 so you can use the hidden powers.

The 1st instructions reads and I quot:

1. Rename the index.html file in the Adobe Photoshop Elements/HTMLPalettes/Welcome/directory to index1.html.[At anytime this can be renamed to index.html to restore previous functionality to the Welcome menu.]

2. Copy the index.html file to the Adobe Photoshop Elements/HTMLPalettes/Welcome/directory.

etc.

So I guess my question is how do I find this path???? I have looked and looked by going into the c drive and going into programs and then into Adobe then into PSE 7 and so fourth....but I can't seem to find the files like they have them listed above or even if that is what I'm suppose to be looking for??????

So I guess I am very confused about the path for step 2.?????

If you have any suggestions, I would welcome any help you could give me even how to post to the proper forum so if you don't have any suggestion maybe someone else will.

Thanks again for your time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2009, 01:57 PM

If you are running Elements 7 on Vista, NO NOT install these tools. The tools you describe were made for an earlier version of Elements...Elements 3 or earlier. if you go back to hiddenelements.com and have a look at the web site, you will see that you should install only certain packages with certain products. They are arranged by version.

I hope that helps!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2009, 03:42 PM

If you say I trying to install the wrong version that is good enough for me. I thought I had the right version though. I even made the donation to make sure I got the right version. I have went back again and requested the link for that version again so I will wait to see what happens this time.
Thanks a lot for your help thus far Richard.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2009, 05:21 PM

The only time you needed to change the name of the index.html file was in the first versions of the tools. That is how I knew you have an old version.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Thanks!!! But I still have one problem I have made the donation and I haven't recieved the link and I have also went back to the hidden elements site and ask to recieve the free link and have had nothing sent to my email address as of yet! I don't mind paying the donation but haven't recieved anything yet.
Am I doing something wrong here as well?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2009, 12:55 AM

I doubt you are doing anything wrong. You have contacted the manufacturer. Give them time to respond. Friday is a holiday in many areas, as well as Monday. So, you may not get a response until the middle of next week.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2009, 01:05 AM

Thanks Tommy...I ended up solving my problem with help from Richard!!! As it turned out my problem was when I downloaded the file the first time it didn't unzipp properly. So I got rid of winzip and went with ALzip and everything worked just as Richard said it would.

So thanks again for your time!!!! You were a great help.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Elements Help