Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Elements Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Elements Help Questions and answers about Adobe Photoshop Elements (all versions).
One question per thread, please.

Photoshop Elements 3.0 - cursor offset problem

Old 06-13-2009, 04:21 AM
Photoshop Elements 3.0 - cursor offset problem

I'm currently using Photoshop Elements 3.0 (probably time for an upgrade, as it's a few years old now!), and I've got a selection / display problem, if someone could help on this I'd really appreciate it.

When I load an image up into PSE, I seem to get a thin blank area on the left and top edges of the picture (see attached image), this seems to have been cropped from the actual image area.

Then, whenever I want to select an area, e.g. with the rectangular marquee tool, the actual point where the rectangle starts drawing when I click seems to be offset to the right and below the point where I actually clicked. This makes precise selection of areas very difficult, and quite frustrating.

The size of the offset seems to be about the length of one of the cursor crosshairs, as is the width of the blank strip area I mentioned above (these 2 must be related).

Also, to illustrate the problem, when I created the selection box in the attached image, I actually clicked on the very top left corner of the image, but as you can see, the selection box starts off to the right and down slightly.

This may well be a very easy thing to fix, but I've been through the help files, and googled but haven't found the cause. Also had a quick search here, but couldn't find any posts with this issue.

Can someone let me know how I can get rid of this offset issue? It's like the coordinates that PSE is using are offset slightly from the centre of the cursor.

many thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pseCursorProblem.jpg (7.2 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Elements Help