|Photoshop Elements Help Questions and answers about Adobe Photoshop Elements (all versions). |
One question per thread, please.
| ||Thread Tools|
simulating [ctrl][alt][~] PS shortcut in PSE
Anyways, back to my question. In PS6 there is a shortcut that selects highlights in an image...the shortcut is the following simultaneous keystrokes: [ctrl][alt][~]
I notice this does not work in PSE. Is there a way to simulated it?
That would be a selection based on brightness. While there is no way to do this in Elements, there is a way to do it with Hidden Power tools. Slightly more involved...but note the result will be exactly the same. If you do it a few times, it won't take you long.
1. Duplicate the layer you want to base the selection on. Call it Negative.
2. invert (Cmd/CTRL+I)
3. Click the Transparent Grayscale tool. This will clear the layer based on what was previously the lightness -- which is now Negative, and will create a new layer. Name the layer Highlights. You can invert to have the highlights isolated and in the original color.
4. Press Cmd/CTRL and click the Highlights layer to load the layer as a selection.
5. Delete the Highlights layer
6. Delete the Negative layer.
This will leave you with EXACTLY the same result as pressing that key combination. I can automate that if you'd like...
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Will there be a Hidden Power book for PSE 5?||rolandhh||Hidden Power Support||4||09-05-2007 05:59 AM|
|PSE 3.0 text tool freezes Photoshop||athegn||Photoshop Elements Help||2||07-25-2007 02:49 PM|
|The Hidden Power of PSE 5 book||rolandhh||Hidden Power Support||2||05-24-2007 06:02 AM|
|Elements 4.0||ocostich||Hidden Power Support||3||10-13-2005 07:17 AM|
|simulating [ctrl][alt][~] PS shortcut in PSE||mark pernal||Hidden Power Support||13||06-09-2003 01:37 PM|