RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

Impressionist Plug-in: which Front Page?

Old 03-27-2005, 07:50 AM

Impressionist Plug-in: which Front Page?

There are many FP apps on ebay today; however, my only interest in the program is the Impressionist plug-in, present in some versions, absent in others. One can't tell from the ebay descriptions which has the plug-in, but I understand FP 98 was *exclusively* stand-alone, and thus can be expected to have the plug-in. Is that true.? Any other ways to identify the FP version that offers Impressionist? Or avoid paying for FP versions that have it NOT?
Regards to all
Bob Bollini
campearwig@ns.sympatico.ca
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2005, 08:28 AM

Welcome to the forum...

Sorry i am confused, frontpage is a program to create websites, so why do you want it for a plugin for impressionist unless there is a plugin called frontpage...

I do hope you get your answer!

And a big warm welcome to the forum...Happy Easter!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 AM

The plug-in is called Impressionist. It used to be a part of FP little image editor package. Impressionist is compatible with Photoshop and various other graphic software.

Nice plug-in, too. It's the only artsy-fartsy plug that I ever used and liked.

I don't know about the FP versions, but I do have Impressionist archived around here somewhere. I got it with a machine that was loaded with MS software and Impressionist was the only thing that I kept.

If I'm not mistaken, Danny might be able to help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2005, 10:05 AM

Check Trimoon.com under downloads....

I think Steve even has a tutorial on how to use it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2005, 12:14 PM

Impressionist is a plugin (.8bf) + a whole bunch of support files. It was part of a program called Image Composer which was packaged along with FrontPage 95, 98 and 2000 -- the stand alone CDs, only. Image Composer was not part of Office 95, 98 or 2000, but it was also included on the FrontPage 98 and 2000 "upgrade" CDs as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2005, 12:27 PM

Oooh i wonder if i have it then cos i got that frontpage program, I thought i saw Danny show that plugin on one of the threads, cos i am sure before i changed the hard drive i had it on there...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2005, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy~Art
Oooh i wonder if i have it then cos i got that frontpage program, I thought i saw Danny show that plugin on one of the threads, cos i am sure before i changed the hard drive i had it on there...
To clarify...the Impressionist plugin has no direct relationship to FrontPage. Impressionist was part of Image Composer, a separate program that happened to be included in addition to FrontPage.

If you have a FP 95, 98 or 2000 standalone CD or a FP 98 or 2000 upgrade, you'll find the Impressionist plugin and support files buried among the Image Composer files.

For those who do not have one of the qualifying CDs, see Gary's (Gland) post above.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2005, 01:46 PM

Trimoon's Impressionist

Whoa! I've had Trimoon's Impressionist for a couple of weeks now. Very impressive, but surely that ain't the one, is it (he asked hopefully)? It's only 9.8 megs, and I thought Trimoon wrote it. The thing is full of options and controls, now that I think of it, and I haven't begun to exhaust the possibilities. Hey, do I have it already? Happy Easter!
Bob
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2005, 08:20 PM

Thanks, people ...

...and especially you, Danny. Your vetting of the plug-in was a wonderful service! I'm all set with Impressionist now, I think.
B.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2005, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster
Whoa! I've had Trimoon's Impressionist for a couple of weeks now. Very impressive, but surely that ain't the one, is it (he asked hopefully)? It's only 9.8 megs, and I thought Trimoon wrote it. The thing is full of options and controls, now that I think of it, and I haven't begun to exhaust the possibilities. Hey, do I have it already? Happy Easter!
Bob
Yep... 9.8 MB sounds about right for the whole package.

FYI: In the HELP topics click Contents > About Impressionist if you're curious. Trimoon uses the Impressionist plugin in some of his tutorials.

Yep...GOBS of options, settings and tuning knobs (around 40 +/-), plus user defined brush, texture and stroke-direction files. "Practically unlimited" functionality is pretty close.

Hope you have fun experimenting with my favorite toy. Glad we got this clarified.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help