RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

CS printing with colour cast

Old 03-31-2005, 10:15 AM

I have posted on the link you provided...

Gary did that...

I went to the link on the other thread

http://www.inkjetmall.com/store/cone_ts/cleaning.htm

Would this look like how mine is...

4 - DIRTY ROLLERS LEAVE ROLLER MARKS ON THE PAPER
Occasionally a roller in the printer gets dirty and subsequent prints have ink tracks running down the sheet in a vertical direction. How the roller became dirty can be mysterious, but the marks themselves are obviously caused by a dirty roller.

Mine is like stripes of pink and blue faint in colour but a pain to look at.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2005, 10:17 AM

This is what it tells us to do if it is that problem...I hate getting my hands inky too...

PROCEDURE
It is hard to clean the rollers in the machine because they are gear driven, and turn while the printer is printing. So you can swab of the top of the rollers, but it is harder to clean them all the way around because they do not freely spin.

4.1 - EPSON STICKY SHEETS.
Epson sells a tacky cleaning sheet that has a slightly sticky surface. Often times these sheets are bundled in with other papers. Follow the Epson instructions to use these sheets to help clean the rollers.

4.2 - CHEAP TYPING PAPER AND WINDEX TRICK
One trick we have used successfully is to put a sheet of cheap typing paper in the paper feed and then press the paper load / eject button to cause the sheet to travel through the printer. LIGHTLY SPRITZING the paper with Windex or Fantastic as it enters the machine helps dissolve the ink on the rollers and transfer the ink to the paper. This can be repeated a few times until the rollers are clean.
Note - Common sense should prevail here.

First - Do not spray too much Windex or Fantastic on the cheap typing paper. If it is heavily saturated the paper can fall apart as it is pulled through the printer making a mess.

Second - Do not flip the dirty sheet over to save paper - the wet inky side will make other parts of the printer dirty. Use the paper once and discard.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2005, 01:24 PM

Thanks

Those links you provided were great! Learned alot about colour management, and although it didn't help with my problem, at least I was able to eliminate some variables.

I ended up downloading the printer driver, re-installed it, and reset every setting from scratch. It's working fine now. Thanks for all your help. I certainly learned alot in a short time!

Cheers!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2005, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy~Art
Mike i am having same problem,. i have blue and yellow lines down the picture, i am assuming i am out of ink, but i checked and i am in ink so what it is i don't know is it epson again, this is my 2nd printer from epson maybe i should learn...

I have epson r300
I've had this before too and doing a head clean did the trick. You may have to do it a few times. Hmmm... the other thing it could be is that the heads need to be aligned. On the 1270 & 1280, there is an alignment function in the utility dialog to realign the print heads. You may want to check for that too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2005, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Guilbault
Those links you provided were great! Learned alot about colour management, and although it didn't help with my problem, at least I was able to eliminate some variables.

I ended up downloading the printer driver, re-installed it, and reset every setting from scratch. It's working fine now. Thanks for all your help. I certainly learned alot in a short time!

Cheers!
Glad to hear that the printer driver re-install worked. That was my next suggestion. I've had to reinstall my printer driver when my Epson was cutting off the images when printing...well it was stopping short on printing when there was still a lot of paper left.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help