Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

Just a question regarding emailed photos

Old 01-02-2006, 10:09 AM
If you use a Mac, you can use your .mac account Public Folder to exchange files. One gig of storage comes with the base account (includes both file storage and email storage, but you can adjust the amount alotted to either by accessing your account. I keep about 200megs for email and the balance for files).

My sister, who uses a PC running XP) and I exchange files this way. We are working on a family tree project and she grabs or uploads stuff to my .mac public folder all the time. It is also how I transfer 50meg PhotoShop TIFF files to publishers. I use a little third party utility called "FileChute" that lets me drag/drop the zipped file on the chute, it uploads the file to my .mac account and provides a URL link directoy to the file. I can then paste the URL into an email and send that to the publisher. All they have to do is click on the URL in their email and the file automatically downloads to their desktop! Handy stuff and very simple for getting stuff out to people.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi Everyone.

I am looking for a web site where I can upload a file and then anyone can access it.
I have looked at Smugmug etc. But they all seem to be picture based. I want somewhere that I could upload zip files or any type of file. is close but I need to supply the recipients email. Is there anywhere where I don’t need to specify the recipients address (for free, of course)

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2006, 02:55 PM

what you want may be right under your nose....maybe. most isp's provide 'personal web space' to their users. i've had isp's give as little as a few megs up to about 80 megs. and, sometimes you have to ask for it. but most in the u.s. give it with an account. you'd need to check with your isp for any limits and so on, but that might be the quickest solution.

outside of that, try the web hosting sites. the last i looked these are very cheap and some even free (with banner ads of their choosing sometimes).

and here's a site that might work for you. i've never used it, so dont blame me if it's a dog :

you could also look at this link. it is a review of some of the hosting sites available:

and here's one that claims to be free also. again, i've never used this, so caveat emptor applies:

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help