RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

unwanted text distortions in PS

Old 04-22-2006, 10:11 PM

unwanted text distortions in PS

Hello from a new member who has limitted experience with post processing digital images. Hope I've come to the right place for help.

When I batch convert (resize and insert text CR) large jpg files straight out of the camera, the CR watermark turns out exactly the way I want it to.

However, when I try to batch convert jpg files that have been converted from RAW files (or from files that have been somehow resized) , the watermark gets grossly distorted and bunched up, despite my using the same action as the former.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? PS is now doing this consistently. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg example distorted text CR.jpg (58.7 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by bugz; 04-22-2006 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added picture attachment
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-23-2006, 09:57 AM

I don't know if this will help, but Russell Brown has an excellent QuickTime tutorial on watermarks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Patron

It sounds like the proportions are not being constrained when you are resizing. That is the only thing I have found which tends to distort text. Try Image>Size before and after and compare the dimensions in pixels.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2006, 04:13 AM

Swampy:
"I don't know if this will help, but Russell Brown has an excellent QuickTime tutorial on watermarks."

Hi Swampy
I learned the workflow from those tutorials, and the results have been fine, until now

Mistermonday:
"It sounds like the proportions are not being constrained when you are resizing. That is the only thing I have found which tends to distort text. Try Image>Size before and after and compare the dimensions in pixels.
Regards, Murray"

Hi Murray
I used the "fit image" tool under file to constrain the size to 800x800 px, since there are landscape and portrait image orientations. So, theoretically, it shouldn't matter what size the original image is....right?

If I use "image size", I'd have to batch process portrait images separately from landscape images.

Thanks for chiming in
Eric
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help