RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

Getting Tools to work in CS3

Old 01-19-2008, 06:34 AM

Getting Tools to work in CS3

Sometimes when I load cs3 none of my tools will work. All I get is the grabber hand no matter what tool I click on. I have tried all sorts of things and can't figure it out. I have even reloaded cs3 a few times and it still does it every now and again. Is there any default setting that somehow gets set wrong sometimes when I load the program? I have to end up restarting the computer for it to be right again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 AM

Re: Getting Tools to work in CS3

More info, please... Mac/PC? Operating system? Did you install the CS3 Beta at any time? If so did you use Adobe's uninstall (found in the Beta's folder along with the Adobe script that does additional uninstalls)? Tried deleting prefs? Cordless mouse with perhaps a low battery? Gee... so many possibilities that a little additional info would help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2008, 11:18 AM

Just a long shot.......

Sometimes I have trouble when Photoshop starts to disobey me.
Took me a while to figure out that the <CTRL> key was stuck !!!!

Seeing as the spacebar is the shortcut to the "grabber hand" - maybe, your spacebar is stuck.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2008, 09:42 AM

Sorry about that, didnt think to add all of that additional stuff. PC, XP, no Beta, Corded mouse, Tablet, gets goofy when using both mouse and tablet, haven't deleted prefs, the only thing I have really changed from default is the amount of memory CS3 uses, I am running on 2gig ram so I dedicated 75% to Photoshop when it is running. It is running fine now since I rebooted my computer, it is just annoying to have to reboot when it starts acting up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 AM

I have found that sometime the Photoshop preferences file will get messed up, and then things don't work as they should. Even removing and installing Photoshop may not clear this problem, since the preferences file can get left behind. The only way to fix this that I am aware of, is to get Photoshop to bypass the preferences file.

To get Photoshop to reset the preferences file, press Ctrl, Alt, Shift, when starting Photoshop, and Photoshop will ask you if you want to reset the preferences file.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help