Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

Photoshop CS4 problems

Old 11-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Exclamation Photoshop CS4 problems

Is anyone having any problems with the functionality of legitimate CS4 on a PC. I have had little glitches with the program, including needing to eliminate the preferences file after installation to get it to work. I was working on an image last night, and once I opened the shadow/highlight filter in the image menu, I got a cascade of Internet Explorer Photoshop Help web pages opening one after another. I never went to the help menu prior to this during the session. I had to close the program, losing unsaved changes to the image, and had to close 8 web pages that had generated, I have been using Photoshop through many versions, starting with 5.0 and have not had similar experiences. I still have CS2 on the same machine, and it never functioned like this.

Gary Silverstein
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Re: Photoshop CS4 problems

Hi Gary. CS4 has only been shipping for just over a month now. It shipped with a handful of known bugs which were described in the Read Me file that installed with the installer file. However, since release there have been a host of other problems showing up on various hardware/software configurations. My fairly new system running XP has been pretty stable but occasionally it just crashes for no known reason. This never occurred with CS3 or CS2. However it happens infrequently enough that it is not to frustrating. I expect a lot of the bugs will get fixed in the release of the 1st patch. In the meantime you might plug yourself into Adobe's PS user to user forum at the link below where you may find some info and perhaps some answers.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2008, 12:43 PM

Thanks, Murray -

I also found out that a friend, who has CS3, has experienced the web page cascade, more than once. I never did in CS2.

I submitted the problem to Adobe. They will never know all the problems that crop up unless we tell them.

Gary Silverstein
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2008, 09:46 PM

I used to get the Help cascade in CS2 quite frequently. Never saw it in CS3, nor in CS4 yet.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 AM

Anyone seen this? Sometimes, when I select a soft proof profile, Photoshop CS4 freezes, and I have to terminate the program with Ctl-Alt-Del to get out of it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help