Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

CS4 - Layer Adjustment Pallete under pic!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Re: CS4 - Layer Adjustment Pallete under pic!

Hi Chain -

I don't know if I have a bug in my system, or my machine has been obsoleted by new software that the machine can't handle (CS4). It is possible that adding a new operating system and a new video card (with up-to-date drivers) may fix the problem. I am using the latest and last driver that will ever be available for my video card. Or, getting a new box entirely with a 64-bit operating system and lots more ram may be the ticket. Truth is, CS4 isn't as stable as the earlier CS2 is on my machine. CS2 rarely failed. But there are nice features in CS4, so I suffer along.

The other thing is that I want the panels (pallets) to be the same as CS2. I don't want to "click out" anything - I want it where I can jump to it right away. I back up through the history panel with great frequency, and don't want to open and close it. I am constantly using the old panel system and want it to work the way the old software did. I may not get that, and at this writing, it works until it glitches. Then I reset my workspace and it works for a while longer. It just interrupts my workflow. I know I should just bite the bullet and replace the computer with a more modern and powerful 64-bit box with opengl, but if I do, I want to wait for Windows 7. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Gary Silverstein
We Shoot
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Thumbs up Re: CS4 - Layer Adjustment Pallete under pic!

weshoot: the panels work almost just like they used to in cs3 and earlier (but are now Flash-based). You do not have to "click out" the panels each time like you describe (unless you want to). You can just click/drag/expand/snap them around the way you like them and they stay that way.

Once happy with the layout of your workspace you should definitely save your workspace so it's quick click to restore it at any time (see screenshot).

A shame with your bugs tho. Maybe replace your (crappy?) graphics card with some old cheap nvidia or ati card?
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled-1.png (49.4 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Re: CS4 - Layer Adjustment Pallete under pic!

Thanks All -

I have put the adjustment panel into the right panels section by breaking up the adjustment layers/mask pair and putting the adjustment panel in with the layers/channel/paths group. The mask panel has been put on the bottom of the panels as just the top part. Hopefully, photoshop and I will be happy with that until I can afford a better home for it.

Gary Silverstein
We Shoot
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help