RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

deleting list from flyout menu

Old 12-30-2009, 03:16 AM

deleting list from flyout menu

Hi everybody, I'm new here. I had downloaded lots of brushes in the past but I rarely use them so I want to delete them permenantly from my hard drive and the flyout menu. I had deleted them one by one from my program file (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Brushes) but they keep appearing in photoshop's flyout menu (picture attached below, it's actually a lot larger then that; about 4 columns that covers the whole screen) but I don't want that. I tried googling it but couldn't find an answer, that's why I'm asking you guys here. Can somebody please help!

_thanks_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flyout1.JPG (59.6 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2009, 03:20 AM
Janitor

Re: deleting list from flyout menu

Are you actually using Photoshop CS? Because CS2, CS3, etc., all have their own preset folders, and if you don't delete them after upgrading the old ones stick around.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Patron

Open the Brushes palette and click on the little triangle to bring up the context menu. From that menu selecting "Reset Brushes" will restore the brush palette to the orig default installed brushes. From that menu you can also select Manage Presets from which you can delete brushes that you do not want.
You can delete the brushes as you were doing, manually from your HD but they are usually stored in 2 or more locations depending on which version of PS you have and which OS you are running. In addition to the PS Preset folder you noted above, you will also find added Brushes in C Drive/ Docs & Settings / User (you) / Application Data / Adobe / Photoshop CS? / Presets / Brushes
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post
Are you actually using Photoshop CS? Because CS2, CS3, etc., all have their own preset folders, and if you don't delete them after upgrading the old ones stick around.
Yes It's the very old version, I'm using CS. This is a refurbished desktop, the computer mechanic installed Adobe Photoshop CS.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Open the Brushes palette and click on the little triangle to bring up the context menu. From that menu selecting "Reset Brushes" will restore the brush palette to the orig default installed brushes. From that menu you can also select Manage Presets from which you can delete brushes that you do not want.
You can delete the brushes as you were doing, manually from your HD but they are usually stored in 2 or more locations depending on which version of PS you have and which OS you are running. In addition to the PS Preset folder you noted above, you will also find added Brushes in C Drive/ Docs & Settings / User (you) / Application Data / Adobe / Photoshop CS? / Presets / Brushes
Regards, Murray
for some strange reason, I don't have Application Data in my desktop, it's a refurbished desktop. When I closed and opened Adobe Photoshop CS again, the list was clear. Thanks, this tip of yours was very helpful. I somehow managed to clear the huge list.

Last edited by xhisbabygyalx; 12-30-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: color
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help