|Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users |
One tip or question per thread, please
| ||Thread Tools|
CS4 (Win) - Need help saving an Action Set
To test a theory I need a 10-minute easy favor from anyone using Photoshop CS4 under any version of Windows who has at least some experience using Actions.
- - - - - -
Here's what to do in overkill, but important detail:
1. Show the Actions Palette (Window menu > Actions)
2. From the Actions Palette flyout menu chose command New Set...
3. Name it: MY ACTIONS
4. Click the OK button. New action set MY ACTIONS should be highlighted. If so, go to the next step. If not, click on it so it is highlighted.
5. From the Actions Palette flyout menu chose command Save actions...
6. In the Save dialog navigate to your Desktop
7. In the file name box change MY ACTIONS.atn to DOG.atn
8. Click the Save button
9. Delete Action Set MY ACTIONS (Drag/drop Action Set MY ACTIONS from the Actions Palette into the Trash at the bottom of the Actions Palette.)
10. From the Actions Palette menu chose command Load actions...
11. In the Load dialog navigate to your Desktop
12. Click on .atn file DOG.atn to select it
13. Click the Load button to copy the contents of the file into the Actions Palette.
- - - - -
The question is:
What Action Set Name does Photoshop assign to the newly loaded Action Set?:
A. MY ACTIONS
Thanks in advance.
----> Before you delete DOG.atn from your desktop, wait for my reply to your results.
Re: CS4 (Win) - Need help saving an Action Set
This confirms a subtle differernce between CS3 and CS4:
* CS4 assigns the original Action Set Name, regardless of the File Name.
* CS3 assigns the File Name regardless of the original Action Set name.
Using the same steps as above CS3 assigned the file name, DOG
Many, many thanks. This confirmation will allow me to sleep tonight!
Also: OK to delete DOG.atn. No further tests needed. We're done using it!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|CS3 Action Transfer To Photoshop CS4||gho64||Photo Retouching||5||02-01-2012 07:18 AM|
|Photoshop Action Set To Help With Noise Reduction||gmitchel||Software||0||10-11-2009 11:06 AM|
|Advanced B&W Conversion: Action Set, .PDF, and Vid||gmitchel||Photo Retouching||8||04-08-2009 10:53 AM|
|CS4, Healing Brush & Cache Levels||ApWizard||Photo Retouching||1||04-07-2009 03:10 AM|
|Sepia Tint Action Set and Video||gmitchel||Photo Retouching||1||03-29-2009 08:58 PM|