Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

duplicate image without copy name is on the prompt

Old 07-13-2010, 07:08 AM

Re: duplicate image without copy name is on the pr

sir.unimatrix001, u good understand my wanted. ok

and i know how work on win and photoshop. and i know win can not create two file with the same name on one folder. okkkkkk (mr.gholmes1936, mr.holgaman, mr.Mistermonday)

i not angry, okkkk

again i repeat : i use photoshop cs2. if this script bad worked on cs2 and good worked on cs4,cs5 i not know. clerly!!!!
i use cs2 and i want script on cs2 if this script bad worked on cs2, then i want of sir.shiftstudio to create his script on cs2. please....
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 AM

Say in your language, maybe someone can translate it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajidehak View Post
again i repeat : i use photoshop cs2. if this script bad worked on cs2 and good worked on cs4,cs5 i not know. clerly!!!!
i use cs2 and i want script on cs2 if this script bad worked on cs2, then i want of sir.shiftstudio to create his script on cs2. please....
Now, wouldn't that be nice? You could always upgrade to cs4 or cs5... or you could read the thread again for a different solution. Your question has been answered. Perhaps it's just a language barrier... You should at least TRY to learn something about actions. It might be useful in the future. Not everyone is going to create a script tailored to fit your needs.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajidehak View Post
I'll give a quick look for reasons its not working for you in CS2 on Windows, and get back to you.
If I don't find it easily, you're going to need to find a work-around.

--Shift Studio.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2010, 12:46 AM

tanks sir.shiftstudio
i wait,and work by mine way,but still i wait
wait wait and wait
and may i upgrade mine photoshop cs2,to cs4 or cs5
so now i wait
bye
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2010, 08:11 AM

i'm still here,i waiting for your help!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Patron

ajidehak, firstly, it would have been more helpful for people to understand if you had described more of what you are trying to do with your entire action, not just a single step. I think that instead of "Duplicate Image" try Window > Arrange > New Window For ". Each time you do that, you will generate an exact copy of your image with the exact same name. You can have more than 2 copies open at the same time. Whatever edit or action that you perform on any of those copies will also be automatically performed on all of the other copies and the original. You can close all of the copies and they will disappear until you go to close the last one in which case PS will ask you if you want to Save Changes. You can also at any point Save any one of the open copies, with the same name or new name. However, once you save a copy, when you go to save any of the other copies, PS will tell you that the file with that name already exists and you will be asked to over-write that file or change the file name or save the same name but to some other folder. I recommend that before you write your Action, you should first open an image and use the command to make several copies and experiment to see how it works before you finalize your action. It should not be necessary to write a script. Also note that this command is the same for CS2, CS3, CS4, & CS5.

If this does not solve your problem, I recommend you provide a more detailed description of your action and what you are trying to do from beginning to end.
Finally, if you are still not able to find an solution here at RetouchPro, I would recommend you visit the Adobe PS User Forums http://forums.adobe.com/community/ph...toshop_windows
where there are engineers from Adobe and the world's most knowledgeable people of PS.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2010, 12:13 PM

Peace be upon you

tanks a lot for wrinting
i not use this duplicate for save with your way
i use it for batch, and in batch naming with this form:"number+file name"
mean: "1+apple","2+apple",......,"6+apple"--- for later file duplicate: "7+orange","8+orange",....,"15+orange"--- and for allll duplicate its work and use this way for my work, and i'm satisfied. but i want its a little easyest and in this time i decide to write mine request and u read my requst, and u dicide to resolve my question

ok. this all from begining to end.
i know action worked for one way and when i change name duplicate in action for one file , it save and use for other file by too name like first file
but when duplicate in difult set and use for action its change for each files by same name of file, but i not want " copy"," copy 1",.... beacuse its on batch naming create bad result and i not like bad work

in this time i dicide to create a script but i not know scripting on photoshop so
i dicide , u help me...

bye my friend. this was story at all, from beginning to end.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Patron

OK, thanks. I think I am closer to understanding what you are trying to do. Let me give you an example of an action I just tested and tell me if this is what you are trying to accomplish.
I have a folder with 6 images. I wrote an action (which will be run in File>Automate Batch) to open the first image ( YourFirstImage.jpg), then perform some commands on that image (like invert or blur, etc) and when I am finished PS will save that image as 001_YourFirstImage.jpg. Then PS will open YourSecondImage, it will run the same actions on this image and when it is finished will save the image as 002_YourSecondImage.jpg. It will continue until it has applied the action to all 6 images in my folder and the last image is named 006_YourSixthImage.jpg.
You now have 12 images in all, 6 original unmodified images and 6 modified images renamed with numbers in front of the names. By the way, those numbers can be 1,2,3, or 4 digits and they can be infront of the orig name or they can be after (YourFirstImage001).
Does this solve your problem. If yes, then I will tell you how I did it.
Tks & regards,
Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2010, 02:54 AM

Smile Re: duplicate image without copy name is on the pr

no i not use your think
i use this way:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (65.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (65.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 3.JPG (56.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 4.JPG (92.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 5.JPG (93.1 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help