RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

Quads in CS 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 AM
raven4ns's Avatar
raven4ns raven4ns is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 29
Quads in CS 2

Hello,
A few years ago I was using CS2 and used a selenium tone preset that worked very well. The particular quad preset had purple as the main color plus 3 other colors. If anyone has a copy of CS2 would you mind looking at the quad presets and sending me a screenshot of the colors in each purple quad? There were 3 or 4 quads that had purple as the main color.

Is there some place you can buy older software like CS2? I enjoy doing B&W images and CS2 had 3 or 4 quads that I used to give my images a selenium tone. I'm trying to find out the formula for the purple quads CS2 had to see if I can duplicate it in another software program simply because I don't have CS2 any more. Your help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you.

Last edited by mistermonday; 09-19-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Two posts merged
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:00 PM
John Wheeler's Avatar
John Wheeler John Wheeler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 583
Re: Quads in CS 2

I will do you one better.

Here is the zip file that has all 14 standard quadtones from CS2. Just unzip and try loading the different quadtones to see which one you want. There were a couple that might have fit the bill for what you were looking for yet it was easier to just give you the whole batch and you don't have to put in any numbers by hand. Just use the file directly. Hope that helps (you owe me one now )

Archive.zip
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:07 PM
mistermonday's Avatar
mistermonday mistermonday is offline
Moderator
Patron
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,028
Re: Quads in CS 2

CS2 came with 4 Quadtone Presets. At some point after CS2 the presets were still included but you have to load them when you bring up the Image>Mode>Duotone. CS5 now includes three sets Quadtone presets
- Gray
-Pantone
-CMYK
As for CS2, the colors of the qaudtones were as follows:

1. Black / Pantone 451 CVC / Pantone 513 CVC / Pantone 5773 CVC
2. Black / 216 / 409/ 2985
3. Black / 431 /492 / 556
4. Black / 430 / 493 / 557

Hope that helps,
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:18 PM
John Wheeler's Avatar
John Wheeler John Wheeler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 583
Re: Quads in CS 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
CS2 came with 4 Quadtone Presets. At some point after CS2 the presets were still included but you have to load them when you bring up the Image>Mode>Duotone. CS5 now includes three sets Quadtone presets
- Gray
-Pantone
-CMYK
As for CS2, the colors of the qaudtones were as follows:

1. Black / Pantone 451 CVC / Pantone 513 CVC / Pantone 5773 CVC
2. Black / 216 / 409/ 2985
3. Black / 431 /492 / 556
4. Black / 430 / 493 / 557

Hope that helps,
Regards, Murray
That's odd, I pulled up my CS2 quadtones in WinXP (I am now on a Mac for CS4 and CS5) and it came up with the three sets (gray, Pantone, CMYK) with 14 quadtones total that I included in the zip file in prior post above. Here is what was listed for mine (not grouped in the sets so they could be zipped):
Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 11.13.41 AM.png
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:30 PM
mistermonday's Avatar
mistermonday mistermonday is offline
Moderator
Patron
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,028
Re: Quads in CS 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wheeler View Post
That's odd, I pulled up my CS2 quadtones in WinXP (I am now on a Mac for CS4 and CS5) and it came up with the three sets (gray, Pantone, CMYK) with 14 quadtones total that I included in the zip file in prior post above. Here is what was listed for mine (not grouped in the sets so they could be zipped):
Attachment 88448
My version of CS2 is also on a WinXP machine but the Duotone interface is different. The Quadtones are already in the pulldown menu. The Gray and CMYK presets may be in some preset fold that I missed. The same 14 that you referenced are in 3 folders in CS5 presets.

Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:51 PM
John Wheeler's Avatar
John Wheeler John Wheeler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 583
Re: Quads in CS 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
My version of CS2 is also on a WinXP machine but the Duotone interface is different. The Quadtones are already in the pulldown menu. The Gray and CMYK presets may be in some preset fold that I missed. The same 14 that you referenced are in 3 folders in CS5 presets.

Regards, Murray
Still strange. All 14 were available in my Duotone pulldown in CS2 version and just tracked down the files under the CS2 program presets and zipped them up.
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
mistermonday's Avatar
mistermonday mistermonday is offline
Moderator
Patron
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,028
Re: Quads in CS 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wheeler View Post
Still strange. All 14 were available in my Duotone pulldown in CS2 version and just tracked down the files under the CS2 program presets and zipped them up.
That machine had subsequent installation of CS3 thru CS5 and during the process some of the presets may have been relocated. Hopefully Raven has some version of PS, otherwise the preset files won't be of any use.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
  #8  
Old 09-19-2011, 02:26 PM
John Wheeler's Avatar
John Wheeler John Wheeler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 583
Re: Quads in CS 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
That machine had subsequent installation of CS3 thru CS5 and during the process some of the presets may have been relocated. Hopefully Raven has some version of PS, otherwise the preset files won't be of any use.
Regards, Murray
Still very strange. I pulled over the files to my Mac to zip and post, I went back and checked my WinXP files to be sure. I only had CS2 and CS3 on that machine. The files I zipped were created on Mar 22 2005 (CS2) era and were never modified (checked file properties). These were the creation dates (from File Properties) by Adobe and matches the creation date of the Photoshop.exe executable. My install was was actually July 2006

The CS3 Quadtone presets were created by Adobe on March 21 2007 and file properties show those never modified as well. It too showed 14 presets.

I tried the CS2 presets on CS2 as well as CS5 and they worked just fine.

Not sure why there is the discrepancy you mentioned with fewer files on your CS2 version. Strange. They worked for me in 2006 (pre CS3 release) and they still work today.

In any case I hope it is useful for Raven. I don't have any more info to provide.
Reply With Quote top
  #9  
Old 09-19-2011, 04:02 PM
raven4ns's Avatar
raven4ns raven4ns is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 29
Re: Quads in CS 2

Thanks guys for your kindness and help. The quadtone presets were the 3 or 4 presets that had purple in them. I tried each one and there was 1 preset that was almost what I wanted so I had to tweak it a bit to make it a touch more subtle. This left my B&W with a slight purplish cast and the blacks and midtones were rich looking. It is these 3 or 4 purple quadsets that I am looking for. It is possible they might have been tritones but I don't think so. Given what my memory is like though I wouldn't bet on it...lol. Thanks again guys for your help, I very much appreciate it.

Tim
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved