RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Photoshop Help (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photoshop-help/)
-   -   keyboard short cut help - zooming (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photoshop-help/35261-keyboard-short-cut-help-zooming.html)

kyleb 03-06-2012 03:13 PM

keyboard short cut help - zooming

I can't seem to find this shortcut. I have done this by accident many times, but don't know what I did.

Let say Im using the brush tool or any tool zoomed in very close. I may need to quickly see where I am in the shot and just want to zoom out completely(to see the full image) and automatically zoom back in the exact spot I was working with one keystroke. It is also animated.

What is that keystroke? I have looked up a bunch of others and they never zoom out and back in with one keystroke.

thanks

amica999 03-07-2012 12:08 AM

Re: keyboard short cut help - zooming

On PC - Mouse scroll wheel, or strg + (-)

kyleb 03-07-2012 05:38 AM

I know what you're saying, but thats not the keyboard shortcut Im talking about. Its actually better/quicker than the one you're referring too.

Der_W 03-07-2012 07:16 AM

Maybe you mean the fit screen command ([Ctrl]+[0]) and the actual screen pixels command ([Ctrl]+[Alt]+[0])? Both are located under the "View" menu in case the shortcuts won't work for some reason.

kyleb 03-07-2012 11:50 AM

Nope, no that either. those steps only zoom in one direction. Im referring to an ANIMATED zoom out and the automatic zoom back in while pressing a keystroke. If I can remember, I may have pressed a key, clicked with the mouse and as soon as I unclick the mouse, it zooms back in to the spot I was with the same tool I may have been using before still active.

Tony W 03-07-2012 12:20 PM

The only ones I can think of are:

Alt + Spacebar
or
Ctrl + Spacebar

When activated your current tool is left alone while you either scroll in or out and returns once you release the key combination.

One will zoom in automatically when you hold the key combination and press left mouse buton. The other will zoom out in a similar fashion. You can overide the effect and zoom in or out by holding down left mouse button and moving horizontally left or right. Once released you will be back to your last tool selection

0lBaldy 03-07-2012 02:45 PM

Why not use - Window>Arrange>New Window for " ??.? " - and have an instant preview of what you are doing on your work photo available at 1:1 (or whatever viewing zoom level you want) present at all times instead of zooming back and forth

DJSoulglo 03-08-2012 03:56 AM

While zoomed in, press "H" on your keyboard. It zooms out and shows the entire image and your zoomed in viewport. That must be what you mean.

kyleb 03-15-2012 09:55 AM

TonyW, I get an arrow with horizontal lines by it and nothing happens.

Olbaldy, that sounds like more work. I tried what you said, but which involves clicking between 2 different files right? Maybe Im not understanding what you mean.

DJ, I get the hand tool when i press H.

I don't know how to describe any better of what i mean. It is as simple as saying pressing H. If it worked, I could press and hold H and it would zoom out...once I let go, It would zoom back in.

0lBaldy 03-15-2012 01:29 PM

Zoom Tool = Z
Zoom In (toggle) = Ctrl+Space
Zoom Out (toggle) = Alt+Space
* Zoom In = Ctrl+ +
* Zoom In & Resize Window = Ctrl+Alt+ +
* Zoom Out = Ctrl+ -
* Zoom Out & Resize Window = Ctrl+Alt+ -
Apply Zoom & Keep Zoom Field Active = Shift+Return
Pan / Zoom Multiple Documents = Shift

* These represent the default keyboard shortcuts; to reverse them, enable the "Zoom Resizes Windows" option in the General Preferences dialog

Z = Zoom Tool
Return = Options Bar (show) Apply Zoom & Keep Box Active
Space = Hand Tool / Drag Selection Zoom Out (toggle)
+ = * Zoom In * Zoom In & Resize Window
- = * Zoom Out * Zoom Out & Resize Window
Space = Zoom In (toggle)

* These represent the default keyboard shortcuts; to reverse them, enable the "Zoom Resizes Windows" option in the General Preferences dialog

OR... this might help " Zooming And Panning In Photoshop "

I still think 'New Windor for' as described here "Dual View Photo Editing In Photoshop" is the best way to go and you can edit in both views and it shows up in both!