Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

Real Time Blurring

Old 04-08-2012, 04:02 AM
Real Time Blurring

I was painting in eyebrow hairs yesterday, which took ages. I added some subtle effects to them including very slight drop shadow, noise and blur, and eventually got it perfect so you couldn't distinguish them from the originals.

But later I realised that I needed to add some more. So I had to do it all over again, which seemed to take ages. The drawing part was relatively easy - it was getting the balance of the shadow, noise and blur right that took most of the time.

In retrospect I realised that it would have been ideal if I could have had the noise, drop shadow and blur applied in real time as I worked with the brush.
Obviously the drop shadow is not a problem since it is a layer effect which updates itself automatically, and I can set up a clipped noise layer to deal with that part of the problem.
But how can I set up a blur that applies itself to my drawing as I work? I foresee this being a scenario I will encounter again and again. I know there must be a way, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Can anyone provide a solution.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help