Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

Soft Round Brush Problems

Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Soft Round Brush Problems

Hello everyone!

I am having an issue with all my soft round brushes in Photoshop CS5, and am using a Wacom Intuos4 on a Windows 7 (64bit). I've reset all my settings in Photoshop, and have just updated my Nvidia PhysX driver and my Adobe programs to see if they would resolve the issue to no avail. If there's any additional information of this kind that would help, please let me know.

My soft round brushes are painting with hard edges, as in there is no opacity fading to the edge of the brush. This problem is only affecting my soft round brushes, it's affecting all versions of my soft round brushes from multiple brush sets and all my other brushes are working fine. With my 'brush presets' window set to 'stroke thumbnail' the brush appears the way it ought to (with opacity blurring to the edges), but when I open the 'brush' settings, it shows a hard edged brush in the preview panel on the bottom.

I'm near to exhausting my very limited computer knowledge on fixing this problem, and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone had any other ideas on fixing this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Re: Soft Round Brush Problems

Reinstalled. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Re: Soft Round Brush Problems

Well I'm glad you got the problem fixed. I'm using CS5 and never had a problem with the brushes. That's a strange thing to only happen to one kind of brushes.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help