Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Help Tips, questions, and solutions for Adobe Photoshop users
One tip or question per thread, please

Photoshop 6 Upgrade question

Old 09-05-2001, 08:36 AM

Smile

Thanks for all your help everyone

Kathleen
Yeah there's a few smileys I'd love to try but can't see where to use them.
It came in the mail yesterday but I don't know when I will install it. I usually leave that stuff for my husband to do. But I will sure let you know what my experiences are. I went on the NAAP site and there is a whole section devoted to the version 6 features, from PDF files to Quick time clips so that was a real help.

I did price shop and e-bay was the cheapest but I was leary about getting it there since it was a second party sale and the whole thing about registration and all.

Chris H
I didn't even know you could run 2 operating systems on one machine. Learn something everyday. My husband wants to intall a second Pentium processor so I suppose we could operate window 98 on that one as an alternative. There were some features I liked in 98 and for us, it ran better than 2K with some things.

Chris W
At this time I don't know if I will uninstall 5.5 because of the learning I have to do to use 6 efficiently and with people wanting photos done I may have to stick with what I know and play around with 6 gradually. Still thinking on the best route yet.
I'll let you all know how it goes.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 09:51 AM

DJ,

You can run as many as you like, I find some programs just didn't like 98 and therefore shoved them on 2K. 98 was a real pain at first but after a few patches it seems to rumble along happily enough if you humour it.

Regards from a rain lashed UK.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 10:31 AM

I get the same thing with 2K. The programs we run have to say 2K in their sys requirements or they don't go well at all. Had no trouble with 98. Funny isn't it? Just the opposite. I guess we drive on the right here and you drive on the left so maybe software works that way there too. Just kidding.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 01:11 PM

dj
any time you post to me, please use a smilie that is apropos of nothing, it will do us both good. thanks, i needed that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 01:43 PM

DJ,

To my experience no two computers are the same even if they have identical specs and fell off the production line at the same time. One will run a program quite happily while the other falls over. I've got two two computers here both assembled by myself but 'tuned up' by my tame 'guru' Since B was commisioned to act as backup A now performs flawlessly with all programs thrown at it while B sulks in the corner !

Whats that expression 'divide and Rule', seems to work here.

As regards driving on different sides, a local expression over here for a bad driver.... he's said to want his half in the middle !

Cheers
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help