Photoshop's Popularity

View Poll Results: Which Are You?
Professional User 39 34.51%
Committed Enthusiast 55 48.67%
Use Older Version 12 10.62%
Other 7 6.19%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2005, 02:40 PM
I am both one and two. I use it on the job, but I use it more for my personal projects and art.

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2005, 08:14 AM
First Congratulations "Swampy" that cover is beautiful, can you visit places like in the photo of the main background ? I mean are you relatively close to them?

On the subject of this thread I am definitely a Committed Enthusiast - currently using CS2 and there is sooo much still to be learnt ! Though since I became a member of RP I made great progress reading tips and tutorials available here.

I used to use almost exclusively Fireworks since 4.0 all through MX2004. The first ps version I used was 5.0, quite a long time ago, then had to sell my PC with all the programs. The next PC had Fireworks 4 installed, and the PS CS2 I am using now is a sort of giveaway present from my Daughter who had it installed in her last PC. Complicated I know, but that's how it is

The switch to PSCS2 from FW I made was on account of a PS battle I entered at another forum, which forced me to re-learn PS and regretfully have to admit that for creating graphics and image retouching it is far more powerful than FW.

Well regards to all those who managed to read up to here

Martha -
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Martha, thank you for the comments on the magazine cover. Yes, you can get right in the middle of a scene like the background of the piece. Just visit our state park or take one of the environmental tours. As for me, my house is surrounded on three sides by native scrub. The fourth side is lakefront - best of both worlds :-)

On the issue of Apple/Adobe/Fonts...I bit the bullet and purchased Font Agent Pro and switched from Extensis Suitcase. Extensis STILL (4 months after the release of Tiger) has not updated their font utility! With the purchase of FAP, I was able to install CS2, but I still haven't migrated from Panther to Tiger.

I've got a copy of Tiger 10.4.2 installed on a backup internal drive, but strange thing whenever I boot into it, I lose all my external firewire devices. Neither my 160g nor 250g external firewire drives will mount. Not good!!!

dee dee
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Things have a tendancy to perpetuate themselves.

In the 80's there was betamax vs vhs. There were more movies to rent in vhs so more people bought vhs players, which caused more video rental stores to stock more vhs tapes etc. etc.

I thinks it's like that. If you look in the newspaper, and you want to be a graphic artist you will constantly see photoshop as the required software to know. So, you go buy photoshop, you take photoshop classes and buy photoshop books. When employers open new businesses, they look to see the kinds of professionals that are available and they see a lot of photoshop pros so that's what they hire.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2006, 03:05 PM
The poll originator should have given a category for using multiple editors. I am a basic beginner (hopefully graduating soon) and I have and use PS7 and PSPx on various tuts and tasks and it seems to me (and others) that there are strengths and weaknesses with both of these tools.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2006, 04:02 AM
At $650 US I won't be buying it any time soon. Another learner here. I've had photoshop for a very long time but only recently had the guts to try to learn it, its been in the too-hard basket for a long time.

Mine is PS7, a gift from my father who uses it himself and swears there is no need for CS/CS2 at this point, and 7 is plenty. Considering where I am - and the wealth of info out there for previous versions (tutorials and so on) there isn't really any great need to upgrade at this point for me.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Help