Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Scripting
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photoshop Scripting Learning and sharing for all platforms

Script Changes in Brushes?

Old 07-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Question Script Changes in Brushes?

I would like to set up a small script that changes the Brush Angle in 15 degree increments so I don't have to go into the brushes panel and drag the arrow around. Is the information about the photoshop brush accessible and changeable through scripting (Javascript prefered)?

Photoshop 7.1 is what I am using...

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey, Carl:

Been watching this one to see if anyone smarter about this sort of thing than me replied. Guess I'll jump in with my limited knowledge in this regard.

I know for sure that things like brush strokes using brush-type tools (brush, clone, dodge, burn, etc.) cannot be scripted. It seems to me I read somewhere that manipulating settings of the "current tool" as you suggested cannot be scripted, either. I wouldn't stake my life on this, but after giving it some thought, it's a very practical idea.

Don't know if this would buy you anything: actions and scripts can select previously defined tool presets. Small consolation, however.

Hope this reply gets the attention of someone more knowledgeable in this area. If not, a good resource for scripting-type questions is the Scripting forum at Lots of shape programmer types hang out there. It's a little slow now (summer), but still worth a shot.

Sorry your first post at RetouchPRO didn't draw a crowd. Don't let that discourage you from participating in the future.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the reply....perhaps the scripted tool presets could be an option...hmmm...

Thanks again
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2004, 04:50 PM
If it's not supported by the PS DOM or the change isn't captured in the actions palette then it isn't scriptable. It's a cool feature idea.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software > Photoshop Scripting