RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Product Review Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Review Discussions Threads created automatically by the reviews system. Post your actual reviews over there.

Any experience with a Sony SDM-HS94P/S

Old 02-28-2005, 10:41 AM

Any experience with a Sony SDM-HS94P/S

I just picked up one of these puppies. Brilliant colors/contrast, but it has a "live" area and anything out of that "live" area appears to be a bit different in color/darkness. I guess if I make sure I only put menus in those areas I'll be fine. It is quite larger than my previous 17" CRT, I never thought I'd purchase a LCD, but it is really quite nice overall.

Working on the color calibration now. I use Adobe Gamma for the most part, but I'm wondering with this beastie if I might need something more robust. Everything is so saturated and contrasting.

let me know,

Sarah
Old 03-01-2005, 10:53 AM

Update!

I've decided it could not be calibrated and after 6 hours of trying its going back to the store. I just ordered a Viewsonic P220fb. I should have stuck with my gut feeling on LCD screens. It was beautiful but not accurate.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:49 PM

I have used an LCD screens for several years, and am quite happy with the technology. When I did a search for reviews on your Sony model, there were similar problems mentioned to the ones you noticed, so there may be a design problem in that line.

Enjoy your new monitor -- getting a new one is always so much fun (after the work of getting it set up properly is done)!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Swartz
Enjoy your new monitor -- getting a new one is always so much fun (after the work of getting it set up properly is done)!
My own personal Christmas ::grinz::
Did I mention I have a brand new P4, OS just installed waiting on me. I just have to find the time to install everything while my old beastie is still running. Lots of configuration in my future. Then I'll be good for another 3 years

RetouchPRO > Tools > Product Review Discussions