RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE presenter & topic requests

Old 11-16-2009, 04:08 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE presenter & topic requests

Interesting indeed Jonas, you are looking for the creativity side instead of the technical one; so for this interesting side I go with careful listening of the presenter words and attitude in the work.
A lot of the time the interviewee can't define what's going on or are not be able to tell you precisely what push them to do the move, many time is like "I feel this image is going with that mood" or "this color work with that expression" or something.
Is based on all previous experiences that the artist have lived, saw and so on.
Unless it isn't a work directed from an Art Director or someone else, in this case you have 2 or more people to listen and that could be a little time consuming and not so simple.

So look and feel is depending by the personality, the personality imply experience (but not in the technical field, more like: travels done, people seen, enlightened people meet, movie watched, images watched, books read...; all of those things that make a life and contribute to your life and character) experience that consciously or unconsciously act on your creativity.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2009, 05:43 PM

I agree but it's still very interesting to see how talented people does this. When I look through fashion magazines I see a lot of look and feel to the images which was def done in post and to me that would be interesting to see how other people attach these things.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2009, 12:54 AM

I'm with you, it would be interesting indeed.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2009, 12:26 PM

I would absolutely LOVE a beauty/makeup/lashes/hair retouch by Natalia Taffarel (Godmother), she's brilliant!

Last edited by Freya; 11-19-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2009, 05:12 PM

I would like carrie been or katrin eismann, would be wonderful. For hi-end beauty and fashion retouching. As well as someone who is well informed about how custom filters work, and the algorithms to go with that filter. The more advanced the better. Thanks.
Amanda
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2009, 11:03 PM

Interesting Jonas

Having also used Photoshop since 2, I still am finding out how little I really know and love the fact that I can achieve something with a tool not meant to do what I want it to do.

But as far a creative interpretations on an image, the sky is the limit! I'm all for that. There are a lot of techniques I don't get into on the webinars because there just hasn't been any expressed interest.
The only question I have for you is how would you handle the subjective nature of that creativity?
Something that I might love and think is a wow might come across as not so wowish to others.

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2009, 06:53 AM

The Shows i have seen concentrated on Skin and colorcorrection.
I would like to see Show about working with Hair, the custom Filter....and don´t blame on me :-))) smoothing the skin with blurrs.. As a Photographer i have to deal more with normal Portraitphotography on the low-end side....The d/b thing is tooo timeconsuming, my normal Customers can´t afford that...
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-23-2009, 12:16 PM

I would like to see in future webinars with Chris showing examples of work with gradient maps in different use (specially in skin work), working with hair (filling gaps in hair, painting in), removing freckles, skin bleaches
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2009, 03:24 PM

Anyone interested in landscape work ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 AM

How about automotive retouching? I don't know anyone to recommend but that would be awesome to see how an automobile is retouched for a brochure or billboard
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE