Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE presenter & topic requests

Old 10-31-2009, 09:22 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE presenter & topic requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberek View Post
Maybe Natalia Tafael aka Godmother? Would be great to see her beauty/editorial retouch work if she would decide to make the show.
yes, would also love to see a beauty retouch from Natalia. she's great
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2009, 08:03 PM

I would like to see a event specific to high-end hair retouching. And also the calculations dialogue.

I second Scott Dorman. A complicated automotive retouch would be eye opening as well.... have we done jewelry yet either?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2009, 08:45 PM

I totally agree.
Jewellery or car retouching would be areas that I would be very curious about.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2009, 11:19 PM

David Skyler is outstanding (Mayhem #1346447). I would love to learn some more tricks from him. He is a good teacher as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2009, 06:34 AM

I'd love to see/hear Christophe Huet. His work is amazing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberek View Post
Maybe Natalia Tafael aka Godmother? Would be great to see her beauty/editorial retouch work if she would decide to make the show.
2nd that one!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2009, 11:41 AM

Doug it seems RetouchPro Live is a great thing but I need a schedule.
Email came 11/5/09 about Amy Dresser on 11/7/09. too short a lead time.

A, either say there will be a broadcast every Saturday at xyz time and I will reserve Saturdays or what ever date you pick but be consistent, I see a lot of them at Saturday at 4 but not all, or

B give a week or two lead time.

Also, I got a notice 11/2/09 of a rebroadcast to be held 11/4/09. clearly this is a schedule you control make all re broad casts at set times. Every Thursday at 8 pm there will be a rebroadcast, or something of that nature.

Kelby touts his stuff months in advance, retouch gives us a moments notice. Maybe you can't control the original show but you certainly control the rebroadcast.

Tim Quirk
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Janitor

My goal is to have a live show Saturday's at 4, but that just isn't practical for some presenters. Some can't do weekends, and 4 is the middle of the night for others. The rebroadcasts I try to schedule at a much different time than the original, with a re-rebroadcast for another time on the other side.

As for leadtimes, that's one of the draws for presenters (ie: flexible up to the last minute).

It's a bit ironic that most of the complaints I get about RP LIVE are in fact the reasons presenters agree to do the shows to start with (ie: chatty host, no downloads, short notice scheduling, etc.). So if I fixed the areas of complaint, no one would present.

Remember, most of our presenters are professional retouchers with very busy schedules and little if any public speaking experience, not professional presenters that produce a Photoshop show along with several other topics each week.

With all of that said, I do have plans to stabilize things (a bit), but there significant obstacles to overcome.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2009, 10:24 AM

presenter suggestion

What about Glenn Honiball (http://www.retouch.ca/)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2009, 03:38 PM

I seen one of two of the live shows and it's not bad especially not for the price, but being a photographer who have worked with photoshop since version 2.0 I very rarely see new things and I must say it was the same with the shows I have seen so far. I know most people will probably get a lot out of them and therefore I think they are great, but to me they are not super pro, so many basic things take up to much time. Less talk more action :-)

That said I do like the idea and you def haven't lost me yet :-)
I think I have come to the conclusion that having worked with photoshop for so long I feel the biggest difference is taste and not technic. Therefore I suggest a topic of look and feel; of course some technic will come into this but it's actually not the most important thing of it if you ask me, the important is how do the presenter come up with the look and feel, what drives him/her in the direction he is taking the images. I want to see odd colour adjustments, not the natural once, but the once that give the images something extra, I want to see different ways of thinking when adding grains, adding texture in blend modes to give it a certain feel, making cross processing, giving the picture texture and add life to it, making it less digital, fooling the eye, making it blurry even though the original was sharp if that what makes it cool. How to obtain the same look as in reference images and so on..

ps. I hope my reply is not seen as negativ, thats not my point. I just want to give my 2 cent to make the Live events even better for all of us.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE