RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE 05/27/09 Event Feedback Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 05/27/09 Event Feedback Thread

Well I couldn't find where to write questions, but anyway I think it was really good, maybe in a new thread we can ask some things to Chris and also I hope he releases his DVD soon
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 PM

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the webinar.
Apart from the small technical echo problem that popped-up (which wasn't that bad really), the event was well put together.
What I really enjoyed, apart from Chris Tarantino's tips and techniques, is the interactivity. Pertinent questions were answered consistently and with consideration. It really felt like a private 2-hour class where you get to ask specific questions which you wouldn't get a chance to otherwise.

In terms of feedback, sometimes things went a little quickly, so maybe slowing down things, mainly when explaining the technical aspects and the steps to go through to create the desired layer or whatnot.

Nothing much more I can say. This was a great learning event. You really can't get any closer look on a retoucher's work and flow than this.

So thanks to Doug Nelson & Chris Tarantino. Hopefully there will be more of these events to come.

(btw, the question box was attached to the floating tablet that had double arrows and a button to toggle between full screen and widow screen. There was a little plus sign to expand the chat box. For me the box was already opened on default when I logged in the webinar.)

Last edited by Droolio; 05-27-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:28 PM

It was good. The quality of streaming was great, no problems at all, and I could see a difference in colour when adjusted by 1%. The only problem was an echo, but you already know that.

I didn't learn much, but thats not a drawback. Good to know that I know some theory and now need to practice It wasn't boring, Chris was friendly and you did a good job with being a host and asking questions.

I don't know if this is a place to ask Chris additional questions, but there is one I asked at the end of Webinar and it wasn't mentioned:

If you have much more skin to retouch (eg. a picture of girl in bikini), do you apply the same methods all over the body ? I mean, are you equally precise retouching skin on legs as you are when retouching skin on face ? If yes, how many hours does it take you to retouch such an image ?

Looking forward for next webinars!
Regards
Jakub
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 PM

Might consider showing the work done in the raw converter, before going into photoshop on webinars ahead.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 PM

Overall, I thought this was a very successful webinary given that it was the first ever. I'm sure Doug will get the echoes under control next time. It was really great to be able to see a typical retouching workflow through the perspective of a real pro. I've always doubted if I were doing the right things when I retouch. The only assurance I get is that I'm able to predict the result through my method. It was really great to be able to compare my own workflow side-by-side with Chris's and it turned out that I've been doing the right things all along. Nothing's fancy...just straight hard work.
The only suggestion that I have for future events is that maybe each session should have its own category, such as from beginner to advanced. I know Doug did rule out many of the PS 101 questions, but I felt that it was still going a bit slow.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 PM

video was excellent...But unfortunatly for me my audio on my computer quit on me right before it started.. so i missed alot im sure. and as luck would have it i got it working right after the webinar ended.. I would attend again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 PM

(I'm having to re-type this since the first try got "eaten")

I was truly impressed by the crisp video and audio (other than the echo) - very useful technology!

The echo...echo...echo... from Doug's side was terrible, but Chris repeated the questions so I still understood the Q/A.

I got lost in Chris's explanation about use of the Selective Color adj. layer to remove the black from each of the hues -- didn't want to interrupt then, and later thought it was a bit late to ask him to bring that part back up to go over. I just need to learn how to handle questions I have in future programs. When the material is somewhat familiar, I can keep up, but when it's something I haven't heard of before, I need to "raise my hand".

Kudos to Doug and Chris for setting this up and being willing to participate!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 PM

I think there should be "advanced" versions. It felt like most things got repeated at least
2 times and people weren't paying attention and then asked questions about things
already covered.

They should definitely be recorded and provided to the attendees to review in
their own time.

I could personally do without so much talking and questions. It interrupted the 'flow'
for me quite a bit. Except chris explaining WHY he's doing certain things is great.
And obviously any key commands we can't see need to be explained.

Zooming in and out by chris seemed to lag the stream a bit. Probably can't be
avoided but sometimes we missed a bit although we could hear chris talking
about what he was doing.

I did pick up a few tips though and thought overall it was good.
The seminar software seems really good.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Just want to say thanks to Chris for doing this and Doug for setting it up.

I couldn't say thanks at the end because I had no way of asking questions through the interface which was a little disappointing as I had a few. I was watching on a mac so perhaps that was the problem. I've done webinars before and not had that problem so hopefully Doug can sort it out for the next time.

I hope Chris will be willing to do some more as it was very informative.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiris View Post
Disappointed. Didn't work for me. Paid, but wasn't able to connect the event.
It didnt work on my mac when it first started so had to switch to my pc and then it worked fine.

Thanks alot Chris and Doug. Great work. Was pretty basic but im sure future ones will touch on some more advanced areas.

Can i ask how many people attended? Was it a good enough turn out for future webinars?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE