RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE 05/27/09 Event Feedback Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:51 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 05/27/09 Event Feedback Thread

Overall quite good, save the audio troubles. In the future I think the moderator should bow out for the duration of the presentation, collect questions in the background, then come back for the last 20-30 minutes and conclude with those questions being put to the guest. I found the frequent interjections to be quite distracting.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:56 PM

To quote CJ:
"I got lost in Chris's explanation about use of the Selective Color adj. layer to remove the black from each of the hues -- didn't want to interrupt then, and later thought it was a bit late to ask him to bring that part back up to go over... ."

But even then I figured it out after the fact. I have 4 pages of notes in tiny little writing. I'll be dissecting and feasting on those written tidbits for days.

This was without a doubt a stroke of genius to plan, put together, and execute a class like this. It is nearly perfect for those of us who have a tough time physically as well as financially traveling to other locations for classes. While true there were some technical difficulties, it was easy to overlook them and feast from the meat.

Thank you,

Janet
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 PM

Great job by both Chris and Doug. Doug I thing you made a great choice in photo as she really needed some work, to her defense my girlfriend has worked with her before and said she usually looks better.
It was a really good beauty retouching 101, all basics covered and now future webisodes can be a little more advanced.
Thanks again for doing this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 10:03 PM

This was a great show. Thanks to Chris for sharing the information that most higher end retouchers keep private. The echo was really bad for me so I didn't understand most of the questions that were being asked to Chris. On the next one if it happens again, the presenter should repeat each question asked. I also agree on hardly any interuption to the presenter and save the questions for last.

Overall, great job! Can't wait for the next one.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 PM

I did pick up a few tips.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 11:10 PM

A big thanks to Chris and Doug for making this happen. It was definitely a great learning experience, and I'm looking forward to practicing the techniques Chris discussed. Hopefully there are more to come!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 PM

I'll echo (har-har) the kudos to Chris and Doug. Big thanks for doing this. It was a promising start to a format I hope will continue and improve.

We work on a variety of subjects at my agency, but this is the first time I've been able to watch someone with extensive experience with high-end beauty retouching. I've learned a lot from Chris' posts in the forums. He has and continues to be one of the most generous and knowledgeable members on RetouchPRO. I think he was an ideal choice to present the first live seminar.

The clarity of the stream was excellent. The ability to quickly zoom to the full resolution of Chris' screen and scale it to fit my lower resolution was handy. I only experienced a few problems with the presentation.

First, the echo on Doug's voice. It wasn't a problem for some but on this end it overlapped Doug's speech to the point it became intelligible. Blame it on the rain, blame it on Milli Vanilli -- who knows? Hopefully it's an issue that can be prevented in the future or corrected sooner if it happens.

Second, I couldn't find the chat window. It was a pain not being able to ask questions, something I was pretty keen on when I bought my pass. Searching the menus and skimming the help system didn't reveal anything. I downloaded the Webinar client through Safari 3.2.1 on a Mac OS X 10.4 system. Maybe the client isn't feature complete on such a setup. I'll check more thoroughly before next time.

Third, I'd also prefer less conversation from the host during the work. The constant questions, valid as they were, got in the way. I'd rather hear more from the presenter directly.

Tonight was a great start. I wish we could view the presentation again. Details are bound to be lost; most of us aren't court reporters. But that's what the forums are for, right?

Thanks again, Chris and Doug.

Last edited by Rydiant; 05-27-2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: wordiness needed retouching
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Janitor

Thanks for all the great feedback so far.

I just got off a long support call with the company and got potential solutions to both the echo problem and the mac user's lack of a question box.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 AM

Thanks Doug & Chris! I really enjoyed it and found it very useful. More to come hopefully! The picture quality was superb for an over-the-net event, shame about the echo, but it did clear itself eventually. Also a shame that us Mac users couldn't ask questions, hopefully that can be resolved for the next one? I was lucky I had a shoot cancelled for today, so the time (2am to 4am) wasn't too much of an issue in the end, apart from trying to get to sleep as the birds were singing the dawn chorus! But for future events, I hope some compromise can be made on the time? Of course I understand that you can't please everyone around the world on this, it's a long way from from US to Europe to Australia to Far East.
Thanks again
Steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2009, 04:42 AM

Excellent webinar! Thanks to Chris for generously sharing his talent and giving us an inside look at how a professional retoucher approaches his craft. Very informative!

Doug did an excellent job moderating and keeping things under control. I will agree with an earlier poster that for future webinars, the moderator should do intro and wrapup but be mute for the rest of the presentation. Perhaps if there are logical breaks whomever is moderating can do some Q&A at those points.

Overall a great experience and well worth the time and money. I look forward to the next one! Thanks!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE