RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE 05/27/09 Event Feedback Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:51 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 05/27/09 Event Feedback Thread

Thanks everyone for the positive reviews.
Things I will take note of next time:

Me zooming in and out. This might have caused a slow down on your end. I will change future images to 8 bit from the 16 bit I usually show. It does make for a large file and lots of info to translate and transmit.

My Workspace:

This is something that Doug and I are working out. I have a dual monitor setup and all the panels are kept on the other one. THe one that you didn't see(damn). THe workspace you saw was a quickly thrown together workaround that I did 15 minutes before show time.

More advance techniques:

To be honest, this is reliant on the image being presented. If you submit to Doug or myself what you would consider "advanced", I will do my best to incorporate them with the images that I have on hand. Its hard for me as presenter to know what level people are at, I mean really at. I have had some people tell me that they have been using PS for 10 years and know it inside and out. Yet when I did as they asked, they were more confused than before because they did not know some of the basics that led up to the techniques or goal that they asked for.
So please be honest with yourself about what you are asking for with your submissions to Doug or myself. I hate to disappoint.
One thing to know about me is that I will not go from step 3 to step 8. I feel that you need to understand as much as you can before moving on to another step. Sorry. Thats just me.

But I will try to meet your needs and wants. : )

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2009, 09:52 PM

Wow! I'm really sorry I missed this. I'll try not to miss the next one. I enjoyed reading the comments here. I haven't been around a lot lately but I hope this'll change. I got in kind of a rut and stop posting my artwork. This sort of thing is exactly what I needed to get me going again.

Steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-30-2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimoon View Post
Wow! I'm really sorry I missed this. I'll try not to miss the next one. I enjoyed reading the comments here. I haven't been around a lot lately but I hope this'll change. I got in kind of a rut and stop posting my artwork. This sort of thing is exactly what I needed to get me going again.

Steve
Glad to hear it

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1961 View Post
Thanks everyone for the positive reviews.
Things I will take note of next time:

I will change future images to 8 bit from the 16 bit I usually show. It does make for a large file and lots of info to translate and transmit.
This will not influence the amount of data to tansmit, only the amount of data your computer has to cope with. It's the same as if you had a file with 100 layers, merging them would not change the amount of data to transmit. We only receive your 'flattened' screen so as long as the transmission itself is not in 16bit we will not see the difference.

Zooming in and out causes some trouble because big part of screen is changing at the same time. It wasn't that bad for me though, there was some lag, but not big.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2009, 01:44 AM

HI all
Doug and Chris, I am so sorry I missed this event
I have signed up for the email reminder service - very good idea that...
I am really looking forward to seeing the next event
Any idea how often they'll be?
(gotto try to understand the details of how to pay, log in, navigate etc before then)
I see a lot of people are disappointed to have missed the first event, and it looks like a non-live recording isn't a real possibility. How about a repeat event? Not enough interest? I'd come...
As to the time of the event, 3 am (as it was for me this last wed) might actually be more suitable than a more civilised time of day, as my bandwidth would at least be unhampered by other people using it...

let us know, Doug
very keen to see the next event...
Karin
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2009, 01:12 PM

thanks chris and doug, enjoyed the show - although it was in the middle of the night in germany. was really good to see chris in action, apart from the echos i had no technical problems. amazing to see how good the screen resolution was. so really looking forward to the next event
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2009, 03:31 PM

Thanks Suchyy for that info. I will keep it in 16 then.

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2009, 08:34 PM

This was a fine debut. Doug - great concept, well executed, and worth every penny. Chris, you did a wonderful job of patiently explaining what you were doing; if you have more of these up your sleeve, count me in.

This, as the song goes, could be the start of something big.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2009, 04:30 PM

My work schedule will keep me from ever seeing these. I don't suppose there's a chance that they will be available for purchase after the "live" event, is there?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Janitor

I guess I need to start an RP LIVE FAQ, but in the meantime, read here
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE