RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RetouchPRO LIVE 06/10/09 Feedback Thread (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/26374-retouchpro-live-06-10-09-feedback-thread.html)

Doug Nelson 06-10-2009 07:41 AM

RetouchPRO LIVE 06/10/09 Feedback Thread

How did it go? Post your opinions and feedback about our first event with Steve Caplin here.

What would you like Steve to cover in future webcasts?

There are separate threads for requests concerning other presenters.

T Paul 06-10-2009 01:13 PM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 06/10/09 Feedback Thread

Fantastic Webinar! I was truly impressed with how many different techniques and tips Steve covered. I especially liked the technique he used to create a beard and the hard light layer tip. It was great to actually be able to watch him create a montage from start to finish.

There were some sound issues off and on throughout the broadcast, but they quickly passed. Overall, a wonderful training experience! I am looking forward to future events.

Thanks Doug and Steve!

nyxxie 06-10-2009 01:13 PM

Very insightful. Thanks very much, I learned a lot of new techniques.

CJ Swartz 06-10-2009 01:13 PM

Excellent - fun! -- learned new techniques -- little static, but no echoes this time -- excellent presentation.

lurch 06-10-2009 01:14 PM

FanTAStic! The transatlantic garble was annoying, since it made those parts illegible but it wasn't anyone's fault and was transitory. Thanks a million Doug and Steve.

friiskiwi 06-10-2009 01:15 PM

Great, really enjoyed it, can't believe how fast those 2 hours went. Looking forward to more seminars, hopefully they won't all be at 5am (my time). I'm always amazed at how many new things I can learn.
If you haven't already, have a look at Steves' site and forum http://www.howtocheatinphotoshop.com...eforum_pro.cgi

TriniK 06-10-2009 01:19 PM

Steve Caplin webinar feedback

THOROUGHLY enjoyed this. Anything Photoshop in my book is heaven and I picked up quite a few tips. There was only one frustration that I guess is par for the course. In typing in a question I missed the whole bit where he was using a layer mask for the wall and fence in which to place Mr. Brown behind, and sadly the complexity of some layer masks are one of my fall shorts. So one has to choose - glue your eyes to the monitor with no questions and miss nothing, (which is what I shall do the next time around) or find a resource to recap what was done? I am hoping that all of this will be in his book - How to Cheat in Photoshop, which I intend to buy.
More webinars of this calibre though please. Missed the photo retouching one, but hopefully will not miss any more in the future.
Thanks!!

PKibble 06-10-2009 01:19 PM

fantastic experience - my first webinar
I would definately do this again when you offer more
so sorry I missed the last one!
I learned so much and it was fast paced and enjoyable.
the end result was amazing
thanks so much Doug and Steve!

Liz 06-10-2009 01:20 PM

Loved it. Great learning experience. I would really have loved a screen capture shot of those layers which is probably the best form of "notes" I could have to remind me of this process. 3 am start, so back to bed to try and catch a few winks before going to work :). Thanks a lot Steve and Doug.

Sveltepig 06-10-2009 01:23 PM

Hi all
Oh, I so wish I'd been able to hear what Steve was saying.
It was very interesting to watch him work and to guess what he was doing - most of it wasn't new to me, so I kept up fairly well, I think, although obviously, as I had no sound at all, I might actually have missed a WHOLE lot!

A few questions for those of you who did hear him speak:
(I think the following things were probably in response to questions he had been asked) -
1. What was the point of the transparent yellow goo on the hair right in the beginning?
2. What was he doing with the ball layer (hard light, lighter areas dodged onto ball shape) near the end?
3. And what was the stuff with the 2 chefs all about? Why did he resize them twice, and why was it so important to change the lighting using shadow and highlight before he brought them into his composite image?

Did anyone ask any questions about blending edges - I noticed he seldom feathered or softened any edges of his elements.

Also, what was the story with thefullmonty.com and the retouchpro voucher?

Thanks in advance. I hope someone can enlighten me.
Karin