RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   RetouchPRO LIVE (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/)
-   -   RetouchPRO LIVE with Carrie Beene - 06/27/09 (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/retouchpro-live/26543-retouchpro-live-carrie-beene-06-27-09-a.html)

Doug Nelson 06-23-2009 12:00 AM

RetouchPRO LIVE with Carrie Beene - 06/27/09

Announcing a brand new, live RP LIVE event with professional retoucher Carrie Beene. Carrie was one of requested retouchers in the "presenter requests" thread, and she has been gracious enough to spend an evening letting us watch over her shoulder as she performs a beauty retouch from start to finish. She'll explain what she's doing along the way and answer your questions. At the end she'll answer your general questions, time permitting.

Saturday, 06/27/09 at 6PM CDT (there's a link on the details page to translate the time into your time zone).

Click the following link for details and ticket sales:
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=beene

Doug Nelson 06-23-2009 10:53 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE with Carrie Beene - 06/27/09

I'd appreciate whatever you can do to help publicize this event. It's certain to have value for some outside of our little circle here. But letting them know it even exists is difficult.

Please post the above details link wherever you think it might be appreciated. Other forums, blogs, email lists, anywhere you think it might be seen by people interested in watching a professional retoucher at work.

SandiG 06-23-2009 12:36 PM

Doug, I plan to attend any and all events, but unfortunately will be travelling on Sat. Since the first two events have been rebroadcast, do you think this one will be also?

Doug Nelson 06-23-2009 02:22 PM

Probably. Though not right away.

Hendrik 06-23-2009 03:28 PM

Bah, it seems people living in the Netherlands are always screwed. Again it's at 1.00 in the night. :( Please another time next-time, and please invest in a better solution, like a download.

Oh, well, have a nice viewing.

Doug Nelson 06-23-2009 04:06 PM

Downloading kind of defeats the whole "live" premise. And 1/3 of our live events have been at 7pm in the Netherlands, so I don't know about "always".

But at least it's 1am on a weekend. I do try to accommodate as many time zones as possible, but it's always the middle of the night somewhere.

skydog 06-23-2009 04:18 PM

In fact will we have repeats of the first two?

Time is a factor for the global network

and

Advanced notice.

thanks...just want to participate!

syrup 06-23-2009 06:26 PM

I've not had the chance to view the live events yet and i'm missing out on this one as im at glastonbury fest! Keep the rebroadcasts coming, i'm def going to catch it at some point. I think the itunes d/l is a really good idea, it would be nice have a copy to refer to and re-watch, even a dvd release at some point in the future?

Xaran 06-23-2009 09:16 PM

I'd have to vote for being able to download as none of the times have been convenient for me either.

Christine

Hendrik 06-25-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Nelson (Post 234226)
Downloading kind of defeats the whole "live" premise. And 1/3 of our live events have been at 7pm in the Netherlands, so I don't know about "always".

But at least it's 1am on a weekend. I do try to accommodate as many time zones as possible, but it's always the middle of the night somewhere.

The moments I was interested, it was at 1am. The broadcast of 1 july is better, but not a topic I'm interested in. Maybe you can re-broadcast fourtimes at different times (e.g. 12.00 - 18.00 - 24.00 - 6.00) or better 8 times ;)

Dough, I think you have something here. Maybe something like Joe Blasco. Many people are interested in online tutoring.