RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RetouchPRO LIVE Discussion and announcements for RetouchPRO LIVE events

RetouchPRO LIVE 06/27/09 Feedback

Old 06-28-2009, 06:59 AM

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 06/27/09 Feedback

Well done Carrie! The methods made complete sense and it's very similar to the way I work, albeit with a much more generous time allowance! I'm also guessing that Carrie only showed us a tiny fraction of her repertoire, and that a different image would take another approach. It's always refreshing when retouchers are open about their work. It takes confidence in your own skills to share them so openly.

As for interruptions, I'm sure Carrie is used to having all sorts of questions thrown at her when teaching, and I'm pretty sure Doug managed to filter away a lot of irrelevant ones. I know from my own experience of retouching live and in front of an 'audience', that you can't focus on the work in quite the same way as you do when you're actually retouching – you have to spend most of your energy communicating it. And usually you get completely random questions thrown at you, in no particular order. That's just the way it is, and I think one should allow for a bit of distractedness when people are thinking on their feet.

Thanks again – it was worth losing a couple of hours of sleep for.

allthebest

Gry
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 AM

was my second webinar, and it was great again. really love to see pros@work. well done!! yes, at some points i had also the feeling the questions were kind of distracting. and for me - if the webinar is about beauty retouching - i wouldn't care about questions on monitor calibration etc. but it may be only me.

as gry said, it was worth it watching @ 1am ... but next time i'd only attend if it is not that early

i hope you can manage some rebroadcasts for different time zones. thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2009, 11:20 AM

almost as good as the one with chris t. excellent value for money.

questions were fine.

for the next beauty/fashion webinar I'd love to see a different kind of challenge, since the ones so far have been pretty similar start/end results.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RetouchPRO LIVE